This report is a thorough analysis of Japan's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
• Independent market sizing of Japan HNWIs across five wealth bands
• HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2010 to 2014
• HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2019
• HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
• Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
• Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2010-2014)
• Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
• This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Japan.
• The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2010 and the end of 2014. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
• The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Japan 2015 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
• With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
• Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2019.
• In 2014, Japanese HNWIs held 21.4% (US$1,969.4 billion) of their wealth outside of their home country; the worldwide average is 20–30%.
• WealthInsight further expects foreign asset holdings to increase to US$3.0 trillion by 2019, accounting for 25.1% of the countrys total HNWI assets.
• In 2014, Asia-Pacific accounted for 48.1% of the foreign assets of Japanese HNWIs. It was followed by Europe with 43.3%, North America with 4.6%, Latin America with 3.6%, the Middle East with 0.3% and Africa with 0.2%.
• Japanese HNWI allocations to North America decreased sharply compared with Europe and Asia Pacific regions during the review period, from 15.9% in 2010 to 4.6% in 2014.
• Over the forecast period, WealthInsight expects HNWIs to reduce their level of investment in North America to 1.1% of foreign HNWI assets by 2019, with investments decreasing due to growing confidence in Asian and European economies.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Details of this Report
2 Executive Summary
3 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
4 Distribution of Wealth in Japan
4.1 HNWI Population and Wealth Trends
5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Additional Components of the Wealth Sector in Japan
5.1.1 Domestic private banks
5.1.2 Foreign private banks
5.1.3 Wealth managers
5.1.4 Family offices
5.1.5 Financial advisors
5.2 Key Drivers
5.2.1 JPY to US$ exchange rate
5.2.2 Real GDP growth
5.2.3 Per capita GDP
5.2.4 Domestic market capitalization
5.2.5 Commodity index
5.2.6 Foreign direct investment (FDI) - inflows and outflows
5.2.7 Inflation rate
5.2.8 Interest rate
5.2.9 Balance of payments
5.2.10 Government debt
5.2.11 Stock market performance
5.3 Wealth Breakdowns
6 About WealthInsight
List Of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: JPY to US$ Exchange Rate, 2010-2019
Table 3: Japanese Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
Table 4: Japanese GDP Per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
Table 5: Japanese Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Table 6: Japanese Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
Table 7: Japanese Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Table 8: Japanese Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
Table 9: Japanese Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
Table 10: Japanese Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Table 11: Japanese Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Table 12: Japanese Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
Table 13: Japanese HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
Table 14: Japan- Appendix One
Table 15: Japan - Appendix Two
List Of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Japan
Figure 3: Japanese Asset Price Performance (%), 2010-2014
Figure 4: Japanese HNWI Performance (US$ Billion and Volume), 2010-2019
Figure 5: Japanese vs Global HNWIs (%), 2010-2019
Figure 6: Japanese Exchange Rate - JPY to US$, 2010-2019
Figure 7: Japanese Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
Figure 8: Japanese GDP Per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
Figure 9: Japanese Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Figure 10: Japanese Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
Figure 11: Japanese Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Figure 12: Japanese Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
Figure 13: Japanese Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
Figure 14: Japanese Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Figure 15: Japanese Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Figure 16: Japanese Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
Figure 17: Japanese HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
Figure 18: Japanese HNWIs - Population by Wealth Band, 2010-2019
Figure 19: Japanese HNWIs - Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Figure 20: Japanese HNWIs - Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2010-2019