This report is a thorough analysis of Netherlands Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
• Independent market sizing of Netherlands HNWIs across five wealth bands
• HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2011 to 2015
• HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2020
• HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
• Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
• Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2011-2015)
• Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
• This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Netherlands.
• The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2011 and the end of 2015. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
• The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Netherlands 2016 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 125,000 HNWIs from around the world.
• With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able to obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
• Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2020.
• Dutch HNWIs held 31.2% (US$235.7 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2015.
• Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$290.1 billion by 2020, accounting for 30.7% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
• Europe accounted for 39.6% of Dutch HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2015. This was followed by Asia-Pacific with 33.3%, North America with 16.7%, Latin America with 6.3%, the Middle East with 2.4% and Africa with 1.7%.
• Dutch HNWI allocations to Asia-Pacific increased rapidly compared with other regions during the review period, rising from 16.8% in 2011 to 33.3% in 2015.
• WealthInsight expects HNWIs to increase their level of investment in Asia-Pacific countries over the forecast period, to reach 44.9% of foreign HNWI assets by 2020.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Details of this Report
2 Executive Summary
3 Netherlands Key Facts
4 Distribution of Wealth in Netherlands
4.1 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Domestic Private Banks
5.2 Foreign Private Banks
5.3 Wealth Managers
5.4 Family Offices
6 Key Drivers
6.1 EUR–US$ Exchange Rate
6.2 Real GDP Growth
6.3 Per Capita GDP
6.4 Domestic Market Capitalization
6.5 Commodity Index
6.6 Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) – Inflows and Outflows
6.7 Inflation Rate
6.8 Interest Rates
6.9 Balance of Payments
6.1 Government Debt
6.11 Stock Market Performance
6.12 Wealth Breakdowns
7 About WealthInsight
List Of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Dutch Exchange Rate – EUR–US$ Exchange Rate, 2011–2020
Table 3: Dutch Real GDP Growth (%), 2011–2020
Table 4: Dutch GDP per Capita (US$), 2011–2020
Table 5: Dutch Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011–2015
Table 6: Dutch Commodity Indices, 2011–2020
Table 7: Dutch Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011–2020
Table 8: Dutch Inflation Rate (%), 2011–2020
Table 9: Dutch Money Market Rates (%), 2011–2020
Table 10: Dutch Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011–2015
Table 11: Dutch Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011–2020
Table 12: Dutch Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011–2015
Table 13: Dutch HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2011–2020
Table 14: Netherlands – Appendix One
Table 15: Netherlands – Appendix Two
List Of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Netherlands
Figure 3: Dutch Asset Price Performance (%), 2011–2015
Figure 4: Dutch HNWI Performance (US$ Billion and HNWI Volume), 2011–2020
Figure 5: Dutch vs. Global HNWIs (%), 2011–2015
Figure 6: Dutch Exchange Rate – EUR–US$, 2011–2020
Figure 7: Dutch Real GDP Growth (%), 2011–2020
Figure 8: Dutch GDP per Capita (US$), 2011–2020
Figure 9: Dutch Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011–2015
Figure 10: Dutch Commodity Indices, 2011–2020
Figure 11: Dutch Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011–2020
Figure 12: Dutch Inflation Rate (%), 2011–2020
Figure 13: Dutch Money Market Rates (%), 2011–2020
Figure 14: Dutch Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011–2015
Figure 15: Dutch Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011–2020
Figure 16: Dutch Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011–2015
Figure 17: Dutch HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2011–2020
Figure 18: Dutch HNWIs – Volume by Wealth Band, 2011–2020
Figure 19: Dutch HNWIs – Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2011–2020
Figure 20: Dutch HNWIs – Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2011–2020