This report is a thorough analysis of the UAE's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
• Independent market sizing of the UAE HNWIs across five wealth bands
• HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2010 to 2014
• HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2019
• HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
• Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
• Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2010-2014)
• Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
• This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in the UAE.
• The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2010 and the end of 2014. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
• The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in the UAE 2015 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
• With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
• Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2019.
• UAE HNWIs held 36% (US$95 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2014, while the worldwide average is 20-30%.
• Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$129.8 billion by 2019, accounting for 35.7% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
• Europe accounted for 29.6% of UAE HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2014. It was followed by Asia-Pacific with 26.6%, the Middle East with 19.1%, Africa with 11.0%, North America with 8.9% and Latin America with 4.7%.
• UAE HNWI allocations to Europe decreased sharply compared with other regions during the review period, falling from 34.7% in 2010 to 29.6% in 2014.
• WealthInsight expects HNWIs to reduce levels of investment in Europe over the forecast period, to reach 26.5% of foreign HNWI assets by 2019, with investments decreasing due to growing confidence in Asian economies.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Details of this Report
2 Executive Summary
3 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
4 Distribution of Wealth in UAE
4.1 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Additional Components of the Wealth Sector in UAE
5.1.1 Domestic private banks
5.1.2 Foreign private banks
5.1.3 Wealth managers
5.1.4 Family offices
5.1.5 Financial advisors
5.2 Key Drivers
5.2.1 AED to US$ exchange rate
5.2.2 Real GDP growth
5.2.3 Per capita GDP
5.2.4 Domestic market capitalization
5.2.5 Commodity index
5.2.6 Foreign direct investments (FDI) - inflows and outflows
5.2.7 Inflation rate
5.2.8 Interest rate
5.2.9 Balance of payments
5.2.10 Government debt
5.2.11 Stock market performance
5.3 Wealth Breakdowns
6 About WealthInsight
List Of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: AED to US$ Exchange Rate, 2010-2019
Table 3: UAE Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
Table 4: UAE GDP per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
Table 5: UAE Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Table 6: UAE Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
Table 7: UAE Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Table 8: UAE Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
Table 9: UAE Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
Table 10: UAE Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Table 11: UAE Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Table 12: UAE Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
Table 13: UAE HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
Table 14: UAEHNWIs - Appendix One
Table 15: UAE HNWIs - Appendix Two
List Of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of the UAE
Figure 3: UAE Asset Price Performance (%), 2010-2014
Figure 4: UAE HNWI Performance (US$ Billion and HNWI Volume), 2010-2019
Figure 5: UAE vs Global HNWIs (%), 2010-2019
Figure 6: UAE Exchange Rate - AED to US$, 2010-2019
Figure 7: UAE Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
Figure 8: UAE GDP per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
Figure 9: UAE Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Figure 10: UAE Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
Figure 11: UAE Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Figure 12: UAE Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
Figure 13: UAE Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
Figure 14: UAE Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Figure 15: UAE Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Figure 16: UAE Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
Figure 17: UAE HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
Figure 18: UAE HNWIs - Volume by Wealth Band, 2010-2019
Figure 19: UAE HNWIs - Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Figure 20: UAE HNWIs - Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2010-2019