The market for cigarettes in the Dominican Republic is characterized by long term decline. Tax rises since 2011 have brought about a major fall in duty paid consumption. Per capita sales in 2015 were estimated at 181 pieces compared with 678 pieces in 1990.
- The profile of the non-duty paid sector is growing. This is partly because of rising prices, boosted by development such as recent increases in Consumption Tax, and partly because of improvements in supply
- The cigarette sector is effectively controlled by two companies, but the leader by far is Industrial de Tobacco Leon Jimenez (a 100%-owned subsidiary of PMI) with an 80% of the market in 2014
- Industrial de Tobacco Leon Jimenez has focused marketing efforts on its value brand, National, with the result that its share has surged ahead. Adopting a similar strategy in the short and medium-term is likely to continue to prove successful, even though GDP growth is set to strengthen to 4.2% by 2016
Cigarettes in Dominican Republic, is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Dominican market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Angolan market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents
1.1. What is this Report About?
1.2. Time Frame
1.3. Product Category Coverage
1.5. About Canadean
List Of Tables
Table 1: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark Cigarettes, 2000-2014, Million Pieces arettes,000-2014
Table 2: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2015
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology