Community Bank System, Inc. (CBU) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Community Bank System, Inc. (CBS) is a bank holding company. The company operates as a community bank providing a range of banking and financial services to retail, commercial and municipal customers. Its deposit products include checking, savings, money market accounts and time deposits. It also provides consumer loans such as consumer installment loans, line of credit and residential mortgage loans; and business loans for commercial real estate, healthcare, general services, agriculture, restaurant and lodging, retail trade, manufacturing, construction, motor vehicle and parts dealers and wholesale trade sectors. In addition, the company, through its subsidiaries provides broker-dealer and investment advisory services; asset management services to individuals, corporate pension and profit sharing plans and operates as an insurance agency offering property and casualty insurance products. It also offers retirement plan consulting, daily valuation administration, actuarial and ancillary support services; employee benefit plan administration and trust services. CBS is headquartered in DeWitt, New York, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Community Bank System, Inc. - Key Facts 5
Community Bank System, Inc. - Key Employees 6
Community Bank System, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Community Bank System, Inc. - Major Products and Services 10
Community Bank System, Inc. - History 11
Community Bank System, Inc. - Company Statement 12
Community Bank System, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 – Company Analysis 16
Community Bank System, Inc. - Business Description 16
Community Bank System, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis - Overview 17
Community Bank System, Inc. - Strengths 17
Community Bank System, Inc. - Weaknesses 18
Community Bank System, Inc. - Opportunities 19
Community Bank System, Inc. - Threats 20
Community Bank System, Inc. - Key Competitors 21
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 23
Performance Chart 25
Financial Performance 25
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 27
Section 4 – Appendix 28
Ratio Definitions 28
About GlobalData 32
Contact Us 32
List of Tables
Community Bank System, Inc., Key Facts 5
Community Bank System, Inc., Key Employees 6
Community Bank System, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Community Bank System, Inc., Major Products and Services 10
Community Bank System, Inc., History 11
Community Bank System, Inc., Subsidiaries 15
Community Bank System, Inc., Key Competitors 21
Community Bank System, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 22
Community Bank System, Inc., Annual Ratios 23
Community Bank System, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 24
Community Bank System, Inc., Interim Ratios 26
Currency Codes 28
Capital Market Ratios 28
Equity Ratios 29
Profitability Ratios 29
Cost Ratios 30
Liquidity Ratios 30
Leverage Ratios 31
Efficiency Ratios 31List of Figures
Community Bank System, Inc., Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 25
Community Bank System, Inc., Ratio Charts 27