As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet them. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the pet care category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of pet care products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in pet care products from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to pet care? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in pet care and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for pet care manufacturers?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
The dog chews and treats segment holds the largest 2013 market share of 15.9% and the second highest forecast CAGR 2013-17 growth of 4.7%. However, rodent care had the fastest-growing forecasted CAGR over the same period of 5.8%, which can be attributed to growing demand for more innovative methods of pampering and humanizing small pets.
Concerns regarding cleanliness are a key element of the pet care market. With consumers increasingly aware of the sanitation issues when cohabiting with animals, they are in turn searching for new ways to approach maintaining a hygienic home environment through targeted products.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel
Table Of Contents
List Of Tables
List Of Figures