As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior, it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet them. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the skincare category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Each section contains a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the skincare category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of skincare products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in skincare products from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to skincare? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in skincare and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for skincare manufacturers?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
The fastest-growing segment within skincare is sun care, anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% over the 2012-17 period, which can be attributed to increasing awareness of the long-term harm caused by sun to the skin. Furthermore, continuing enthusiasm in the East for remaining fair-skinned has also helped to drive sales within this category.
Anti-aging is a key aspect within the skincare category, as consumers seek more elaborate yet non-invasive treatments to combat the signs of aging. Unusual, novel ingredients that claim to offer anti-aging benefits such as snail slime and bee venom are also growing in popularity as consumers continually look for the "next big thing."
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel
Table Of Contents
List Of Tables
List Of Figures