The Meat market in Austria is led by the Fresh Meat (Counter) category. The Cooked Meats - Counter category is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2015-2020. Private labels account for a significant share in the Austrian Meat market, while Hypermarkets and Supermarkets remain the leading distribution channel for Meat in the country. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in Austria's Meat market.
- The Meat market in Austria is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.0% during 2015-2020 in value terms.
- Austrian consumers are opting for premium products in the Meat market.
- The Fresh Meat (Counter) category has the highest volume share in the overall Meat market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Austrian Meat market.
- The Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed has the highest private label penetration in the Austrian Meat market.
- Iglo is the leading Frozen Meat brand in Austria.
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Austrian Meat market.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Meat market in Austria provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Meat, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts, Cooked Meats - Counter, Cooked Meats - Packaged, Fresh Meat (Counter), and Frozen Meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Tray, Can-Food, Bag/Sachet, Film, and others
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Table Of Contents
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators - GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice figures - Key Takeaways
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics
- Value and volume analysis for Austria's Meat market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Austria's Meat market
- Degree of trade up/down in Austria's Meat market
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization - at category level
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Austria's Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Austria's Meat market
- Leading distribution channels ((value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category and segment
- Penetration of private label by category in Austria's Meat market
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Meat market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Meat market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Meat market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- New products launched in Austria's Meat market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Consumer Demographics data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- About Canadean
List Of Tables
Table 1: Country Indicators - overall food value and volume, 2015
Table 2: Market value analysis in EUR and US$, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to EUR
Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 7: Average price per kg comparison by categories
Table 8: Leading retailers
Table 9: Leading brands by category, 2015
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior - Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 5: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 6: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 8: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 11: Leading distribution channels, overall Meat market, 2015
Figure 12: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 13: Brand share analysis by category (by value), 2015
Figure 14: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 15: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 16: Packaging analysis - key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 17: Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020