Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the German Savory Snacks Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the German Savory Snacks Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the German market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Savory Snacks, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Germany and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Savory Snacks consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Germany-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Germany’s Savory Snacks market is one of the fastest-growing Savory Snacks markets in Europe
• Older Consumers as a demographic have the highest number of Savory Snacks occasions per year
• Consumption of Savory Snacks among German consumers was driven by pursuit of pleasure and indulgence
• Convenient for on-the-go consumption, Savory Snacks that accompany consumers’ breaks during busy days will continue driving the German Savory Snacks market
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Savory Snacks consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Savory Snacks sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
A desire for convenient, tasty, and affordable food options is driving Savory Snacks consumption
The German Savory Snacks market has a value of EUR1.9 billion with a moderate sales growth expected over the next five years
Potato Chips accounts for the highest volume share in the German Savory Snacks market
There were 8.4 billion Savory Snacks occasions in Germany with consumption higher among men and Older Consumers
The high value growth compared to volume growth highlights opportunities for premium products in Germany
Germany has a high per capita consumption of Savory Snacks
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
German men are over-consuming in the market, indicating the growing popularity of Savory Snacks among the large working male population
Older Consumers are primarily under-consuming in the German Savory Snacks market
German Males are ‘medium frequency’ consumers of Savory Snacks
Tweens & Early Teens are ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Savory Snacks
Consumer trend analysis
A desire for indulgent tastes and value products is driving consumption of Savory Snacks in Germany
Comparing consumer trends’ influence on consumption of Savory Snacks across major markets
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Lifestage- and age-specific needs are not a primary concern in Germany's Savory Snacks market
The Connectivity mega-trend: Consumers do not necessarily feel ‘connected’ to Savory Snack products at an emotional level
The Convenience mega-trend: The busy lives of consumers are driving demand for on-the-go Savory Snacks
The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical and environmental issues alone cannot motivate consumers to purchase Savory Snacks
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Indulgence is the primary motivator of German Savory Snacks consumption, influencing over two-fifths of the market
The Health & Wellness mega-trend : Health has a limited role in driving consumption of Savory Snacks
The Individuality mega-trend: German consumers look to Savory Snacks for moments of relaxation and "me-time"
The Trust mega-trend: consumers are not necessarily influenced by product safety concerns when buying Savory Snack products
The Value mega-trend: A desire for value products is driving the growth of private label Savory Snacks offerings
Manufacturers of Savory Snacks are innovating across categories to target growing needs of the German consumers
Global innovations on formulation can be a source of inspiration for German manufacturers
Manufacturers should increase per capita consumption through offering convenience, health, and innovative food pairings
Manufacturers need to develop products targeting a fragmenting market
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures