Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Indian Confectionery Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product developments that effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Indian Confectionery Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Indian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and genders consume Confectionery, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for India and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Confectionery consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and India-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Indian consumers seek Confectionery products to meet their desire for additional Fun & Enjoyment .
• Sugar Confectionery accounts for the highest share of volume consumption and Chocolate will register the fastest growth in the market.
• Consumption of Confectionery is driven by the younger demographics.
• Men over-consume Confectionery products compared to women.
• Media has a strong influence in creating a connection between consumers and products.
• Confectionery consumption will be driven by the growing desire to seek novel tastes and experiences.
• Health has a positive influence on consumers’ purchase of Gum.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Indian Confectionery consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Confectionery sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
The need to indulge and seek additional Fun & Enjoyment is driving the Indian Confectionery market
The Indian Confectionery market, currently valued at INR74.5 billion, is forecast to register high growth during 2013–2018
Sugar Confectionery accounts for the highest share of volume consumption and Chocolate will register the fastest growth in the market
There were 24.8 billion Confectionery occasions in India with the majority of consumption driven by the young population
The Indian Confectionery market registers the highest growth rate, both in value and volume terms across major markets
The Indian Confectionery market is one of the fastest-growing markets globally
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Men over-consume Confectionery products compared to women
Consumption of Confectionery is driven by the younger demographics
Both men and women can be classified as ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Confectionery products
Although they have low per capita consumption, Older Consumers show the heaviest consumption frequency
Consumer trend analysis
Indian consumers seek Confectionery products to meet their desire for additional Fun & Enjoyment
Consumer trends influencing Confectionery consumption can be compared globally to highlight the degree of influence of each trend
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: The evolving needs of different age groups is a major driver of Confectionery consumption in India
The Connectivity mega-trend: Media has a strong influence in creating a connection between consumers and products
The Convenience mega-trend: Consumers demand Confectionery products that are convenient and suitable for on-the-go consumption
The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical and environmental issues have minimal influence on Confectionery choices
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Consumers indulgence in Confectionery products is driven by their desire to seek Fun & Enjoyment
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Health has a positive influence on consumers’ purchase of Gum
The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers demand a range of choices to reflect their personal taste and dietary preferences
The Trust mega-trend: Indian consumers are not overly concerned about the safety of the Confectionery they purchase
The Value mega-trend: When choosing Confectionery products, consumers desire good value for money
Confectionery manufacturers are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Indian consumers
Manufacturers are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning, and packaging
Manufacturers should target a fast growing base of younger consumers, as well as offering sugar-free products
Marketers should use the media as a way of introducing consumers to new products and to help diversify consumer choice
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures