Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the UK Bakery & Cereals Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the UK Bakery & Cereals Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the UK market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for UK and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Bakery & Cereals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and UK-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Life stage related products offering age specific benefits will drive the demand for UK Bakery & Cereals.
• Value is a primary need among UK Bakery & Cereals consumers, second only to indulgence.
• The consumption of Bakery & Cereals products among UK consumers was driven by pursuits of pleasure and indulgence.
• High quality Bakery & Cereals products that give good health benefits will continue to have an influence on consumption behavior.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of UK Bakery & Cereals consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Bakery & Cereals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
A desire for tasty, affordable snacks is driving Bakery & Cereal consumption in the UK
The UK Bakery & Cereals market currently valued at GBP 12.2 billion will witness slow growth in the next five years
The Bread & Rolls category accounts for the highest share of all volume sold in the UK Bakery & Cereals market
There were 49.7 billion Bakery & Cereals occasions in the UK with per capita occasions highest among the oldest and youngest consumers
The UK Bakery & Cereals market is recording high value growth compared to other European countries
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
UK men and women experience similar Bakery & Cereals consumption patterns
Older consumers are over-consuming Breakfast & Cereals while Older young adults continue to under-consume
Both men and women are ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Bakery & Cereal products
The UK consumers follow ‘heavy frequency’ consumption pattern of Bakery & Cereal products
Consumer trend analysis
A desire to indulge is driving consumption in the UK Bakery & Cereals market
Comparing Consumer Trends influence on consumption of Bakery & Cereal products across major markets
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Life stage related products offering age specific benefits will drive the demand for Bakery & Cereals
The Connectivity mega-trend: Connection with the local region or sporting events can contribute to driving consumption
The Convenience mega-trend: Busy lifestyles play an important role in driving the consumption of on-the-go Bakery & Cereal products
The Ethics mega-trend: Environmental and ethical concerns have little influence on Bakery & Cereals consumption in the UK
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: The desire to indulge is the leading driver of Bakery & Cereals consumption in the UK
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Nutritional information has limited influence on consumer’s purchase of Bakery & Cereal products
The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers look for Bakery & Cereals products to help them create a bubble of me-time
The Trust mega-trend: British consumers have limited concerns over product safety in their Bakery & Cereal products
The Value mega-trend: Value is a primary need among UK Bakery & Cereals consumers, second only to indulgence
Manufacturers of Bakery & Cereals are innovating across categories to target growing needs of the UK consumers
Global innovations on formulation and positioning can be a source of inspiration for the UK manufacturers
Manufacturers and marketers need to innovate and position products suited to consumers with busy lifestyles
Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers need to capitalize on the aging population and remember the importance of value
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures