‘El Salvador: 4G/LTE Auction Delays Push Operators to Upgrade 3G Infrastructure to Cope with Increasing Data Traffic,’ a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of El Salvador’s mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the El Salvador market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
• With an estimated revenue of $1.0bn in 2014 (or 4.1% of GDP), the telecom services market in El Salvador is the second smallest in Latin American region. The mobile voice and data segments alone generated 65.3% of the total revenue of the sector, while the fixed broadband, fixed voice and pay-TV segments accounted for 34.7%.
• El Salvador closed 2013 with 8.7m active subscribers and a penetration rate of 137.6%, above the Latin American average (117.2%), as well as other Central American countries such as Nicaragua (106.5%) and Honduras (92.3%). We project that El Salvador’s mobile subscriber base will continue expanding during the 2013-2019 period (1.3% CAGR), adding nearly 690,000 new subscribers by 2019, equivalent to a penetration rate of 143.9%.
• El Salvador’s fixed-line penetration rate at year-end 2013, 13.9%, is considerably below the Latin American average of 15.9% but above other Central American nations such as Bolivia (7.4%) and Nicaragua (5.3%). We expect that fixed-line penetration will continue declining over the forecast period, reaching 13.5% in 2014 and 11.3% by year-end 2019.
• El Salvador ended 2013 with 261,000 pay-TV accounts and a household penetration rate of 15.9%, substantially below the Latin American average (41.3%) but above other Central American countries with similar macroeconomic fundamentals such as Guatemala (7.0%). We believe there is still room for moderate growth, particularly in the DTH segment, and project a 4.5% CAGR in pay-TV subscriptions from 2014 to 2019.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in El Salvador today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into El Salvador telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
• Regional context: telecom market size and trends in El Salvador compared with other countries in the region.
• Economic, demographic and political context in El Salvador.
• The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
• A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
• Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
• The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
• In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
• Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in El Salvador’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
• This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of El Salvador’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
• Accompanying Pyramid Research’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in El Salvador’s mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
• With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
• The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in El Salvador’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
• The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in El Salvador.