This report provides a concise overview of the Dairy Food market in the US. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Dairy Food sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Dairy Food categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Dairy Food categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the American Dairy Food sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the American Dairy Food sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Convenience is of growing importance in the US food culture, as consumers look for quick and easy options as a result of busy lifestyles, an increase in single parent households, and the rise in the number of working women.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Personal Space & Time and Changing Age Structures are the key drivers in the US Dairy market. American consumers tend to look for products that meet age-specific needs when selecting Dairy Food.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the American Dairy Food sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Dairy Food categories and their packaging.
Reasons To Buy
Dairy products distribution in the US follows a similar pattern to overall retail packaged food distribution with a higher market share for Hypermarkets & Supermarkets totaling 70%. It suggests manufacturers’ have less bargaining power with retailers.
Growing consumer confidence, as a result of positive employment numbers and a low rate of inflation, will drive positive growth for the Foodservice and Restaurant industry in the US.
Growing concern for healthy lifestyles among the younger generation, as well as an aging population, has resulted in the growth of reduced fat products and nutritional products in the Dairy Food market.
Dairy products are used as ingredients in recipes and in foods such as pizza, pasta, and bakery products. As the weak economy encourages consumers to eat in more often, demand for packaged ingredients for these meals will increase.
Men account for 51.4% of the Dairy Food sector by volume. However, older, affluent, and time rich consumers are the largest consumer groups in both male and female markets for Dairy Food products.
Table Of Contents
- The growing influence of an affluent Millennial population will drive demand in the US
- There is a high concentration of Food & Grocery retail sales in national chains
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets dominate sales of Dairy Food products in the US
- Improved economic conditions will drive the Foodservice market in the US
- Male consumers eat the most Dairy Food products in the US
- Kids & Babies eat Dairy Food the most often
- The creation of Personal Space and Time is the most important motivator of Dairy Food consumption in the US
- Increased demand for value added milk products is the key trend in the US Dairy market
- Better value for money and Individualism are key trends in the US Dairy Food market
- Demand for Milk, the largest Diary market, is declining
- Cheese and Yogurt will gain market share during 2012-2017 as Milk suffers
- The Dairy Food sector in the US is a mature market, limiting opportunities for rapid growth
- Dairy Food Category Dynamics and Opportunities
Brands & Private Labels
- Private Label penetration is high in Milk, but relatively low in other Dairy categories
- Growth of Private Label will be highest in the Puddings/Desserts category
- Key brands by category
- Rigid Plastics Tubs and Bottles are most commonly used packaging for Dairy Food in the US
- Increased shelf-life and durable packaging is driving innovation in Dairy packaging
Future Outlook– four key trends in Chinese Dairy Food sector
- Declining milk consumption is forcing manufacturers to adopt new strategy
- Value added Dairy Food products are gaining preference
- New product launches to meet age specific needs
- Packaging manufacturers are looking to reduce greenhouse emissions
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures