This report provides a concise overview of the Savory Snacks market in the US. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Savory Snacks sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Savory Snacks categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Savory Snacks categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the US Savory Snacks sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the US Savory Snacks sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Americans look for spontaneous food alternatives due to their busy lifestyles, which means consumers often multitask, trying to eat whilst they also engage in other activities. Snacks form an important part of the American diet, and are eaten by every segment of the population. The increasing desire to create time to relax from work, find fun products, and the desire for new experiences among American consumers is expected to increase the demand for a different variety of snacks.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Most Snack foods are considered to be indulgence Food. However, high income levels and health consciousness have raised demand for low fat and non-fat snack products that still taste good.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the US Savory Snacks sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Savory Snacks categories and their packaging.
Reasons To Buy
A growing proportion of Millennials (those who are born between 1978 and2000) among the US population and rising living standards will fuel the growth for consumer packaged goods in the country.
Throughout 2009 to 2012 Hypermarkets & Supermarkets have remained consumers’ preferred retail format for Food items in the US.
Convenience is of growing importance in US food culture, as consumers look for quick and easy options as a result of busy lifestyles, an increasing number of single parent households, and arise in the number of working women.
Women account for the majority of snacks consumption by volume. Both male and female markets are focused on a time-rich and older population. In addition, consumer analysis based on Wealth Groups reveals that moderate income men and affluent women have the highest consumption share.
The desire to seek out indulgent products that help consumers relax and enjoy personal space are important key touch points for consumers that should be used to drive product benefits and communications.
Table Of Contents
- The growing influence of an affluent Millennial population will drive demand in the US
- Food retail sales are concentrated in national chains
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets account for the largest share of sales in the US Savory Snacks market
- Improving economic conditions will drive the food services market in the US
- Female consumer have a higher consumption share of Savory Snacks products
- The frequency of consumption for Savory Snacks is highest amongst Tweens & Early Teens in US
- Personal Space & Time is the most influential trend driving the American Savory Snacks Purchases
- The Savory Snacks market has grown steadily over the past five years, and this is set to continue with the same rate
- Nuts & Seeds and Potato Chips are driving growth in the Savory Snacks sector
- Potato Chips to increase its market share during 2007-2017
Brands & Private Labels
- With the exception of Nuts & Seeds, Private Label penetration is moderate
- Key brands by category
- Flexible Bags and Sachets dominate Savory Snacks packaging
- Flexible packaging to increase its share as the preferred packaging material for Savory Snacks
Future Outlook– four key trends in US’s Savory Snacks sector
- Increasing Input costs will impact Prices and profitability
- Demand for novel & functional snacks will increase
- New product innovation is the key strategy to grow the sector
- Fun, taste and relaxation will remain more important than health
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures