Gitanjali Gems Limited (GITANJALI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Gitanjali Gems Limited (Gitanjali) is a diamond and jewelry company based in India. The company’s activities include sourcing, cutting and polishing rough diamonds and distributing the polished diamonds. It also offers loose diamonds, diamond studded jewelry and other stone-studded jewelry, watches, spiritual artifacts and accessories. Gitanjali markets these products under the brands of Nakshatra, Gili, Asmi, Sangini, D’Damas, Giantti, Greggio and Morelatto. It also offers apparels under the Gili and Diya brands. Apart from these, Gitanjali is involved in retailing and real estate business. The company operations spread across India, the US, the UK, Thailand, Belgium, China, Japan, Italy, South East Asia and the Middle East. Gitanjali is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Key Facts 5
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Key Employees 6
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Key Employee Biographies 7
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Major Products and Services 8
Gitanjali Gems Limited - History 9
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Company Statement 11
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2 – Company Analysis 14
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Business Description 14
Gitanjali Gems Limited - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Strengths 15
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Weaknesses 16
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Opportunities 17
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Threats 18
Gitanjali Gems Limited - Key Competitors 19
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 21
Performance Chart 23
Financial Performance 23
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 25
Section 4 – Appendix 26
Ratio Definitions 26
About GlobalData 30
Contact Us 30
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Key Facts 5
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Key Employees 6
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Key Employee Biographies 7
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Major Products and Services 8
Gitanjali Gems Limited, History 9
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Subsidiaries 12
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Key Competitors 19
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Ratios based on current share price 20
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Annual Ratios 21
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 22
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Interim Ratios 24
Currency Codes 26
Capital Market Ratios 26
Equity Ratios 27
Profitability Ratios 27
Cost Ratios 28
Liquidity Ratios 28
Leverage Ratios 29
Efficiency Ratios 29
Lisst Of Figures
List of Figures
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 23
Gitanjali Gems Limited, Ratio Charts 25