Global Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia Market 2015-2019
Covering: An in-depth study of the acute lymphocytic leukemia market and segmentation by route of administration (oral and parenteral), by type of molecules (biologics and small molecules), and by geography (the Americas, EMEA, and APAC). The report also presents a detailed analysis of the top companies operating in the market, including Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Novartis.
Market landscape of acute lymphocytic leukemia
Acute lymphocytic leukemia or acute lymphoblastic leukemia, is a malignancy of the blood cells that affects the lymphoblasts or leukemic blasts, which witnesses an uncontrolled cell division. The main symptoms a patient exhibits are weakness, tiredness, dizziness, fever, shortness of breath, frequent infections, bruising, and bleeding.
Currently, the disease cannot be cured completely but the risk can be reduced by administering medication.
Technavio’s market research analysts expect the global acute lymphocytic leukemia market to grow at a steady rate and post a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. One of the major factors contributing to the growth of the market is the provision for orphan drugs. For instance, in the US, orphan designation for a drug means incentives like tax credits for qualified clinical testing, exemption from prescription drug user fees unless indicated for additional non-orphan indications, and market exclusivity for seven years.
Segmentation of the acute lymphocytic leukemia market by route of administration
Many medications are administered through the oral route to guarantee a systemic effect. The oral route is a sub-division of enteral administration and is considered to be one of the safest and most preferred routes of drug administration.
Geographical segmentation of the acute lymphocytic leukemia market
With a share of over 49%, the Americas dominated the acute lymphocytic leukemia market, with the US being the major revenue contributor. The Americas is closely followed by the EMEA and the APAC region and the market is expected to follow a similar trend during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The acute lymphocytic leukemia market is marked by the presence of both global and local drug manufacturers with varied product portfolios containing generic and off- label drugs as well as branded therapies. Besides, the high level of unmet medical need is expected to give a platform to the vendors to develop products to cater to relevant areas and enhance their market shares.
Primary vendors in this market are -
• Bristol-Myers Squibb
Other prominent vendors included in this report are Ariad, Arno Therapeutics, Baxter, Boehringer Ingelheim, ERYTECH Pharma, Fate Therapeutics, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Orphan Europe, Otsuka, Ono Pharmaceuticals, Onconova Therapeutics, Pfizer, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, and Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals.
Key questions answered in the report include
• What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
• What are the key factors driving the global acute lymphocytic leukemia market?
• What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global acute lymphocytic leukemia market?
• What are the challenges to market growth?
• Who are the key vendors in the global acute lymphocytic leukemia market?
• What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global acute lymphocytic leukemia market?
• What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, EMEA, and APAC?
• What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global acute lymphocytic leukemia market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
• Global Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Therapeutics Market 2015-2019
• Global Acute Myeloid Leukemia Therapeutics Market 2015-2019
• Global Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) Market 2015-2019