Global Hormone Replacement Therapy Market 2015-2019
Covering: An in-depth study of the global hormone replacement therapy market and segmentation by type of hormonal therapy (estrogen replacement therapy and growth hormone replacement therapy), by route of administration (oral, parenteral, and transdermal), and by geography (the Americas, EMEA, and APAC). The report also presents the vendor landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the top vendors in the market, including F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Merck Serono, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, and Pfizer.
An overview of the hormone replacement therapy market
Hormone replacement therapy involves the replacement of the hormones in the body whose levels have become low, in case of women nearing menopause or patient with growth hormone deficiency due to conditions such as dwarfism. At present, the combination of drugs are used to treat the conditions, which are known to have a better safety and efficacy parameter. Unmet medical needs is one of the major drivers influencing the growth of the market. Therefore, the need for new treatment options with better safety results to accommodate the current unmet need is huge.
In 2014, the Americas dominated the market, where the majority of the contribution was from the US, and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. However, the market in the APAC region is witnessing a rapid growth, hence, there is a vast opportunity for vendors to venture into this region. Technavio expects the global hormone replacement therapy market to grow at a moderate rate, posting a CAGR of over 2% during the forecast period.
Segmentation of the hormone replacement therapy market by type of hormonal therapy
• Estrogen replacement therapy
• Growth hormone replacement therapy
With a market share of more than 60% the estrogen replacement therapy segment dominate the hormone replacement therapy market. Estrogen replacement therapy is a type of therapy in which estrogen hormones are commonly used to treat the symptoms of menopause. It helps in the reduction of short-term changes of menopause such as hot flashes, disturbed sleep, and vaginal dryness.
Segmentation of the hormone replacement therapy market by route of administration
The oral route of administration is a sub-division of enteral administration and is regarded as one of the safest and most preferred routes of drug administration. Some of the drug that are administered orally are Premarin and Estrace.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global hormone replacement therapy market is a mature market, which is extremely competitive due to the presence of a huge number of small and large vendors. Therefore, development of low-dose oral drugs and locally acting transdermal hormonal replacement products with high efficacy is expected to captivate the attention of players in the hormonal replacement market.
Key vendors in this market are -
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche
• Merck Serono
• Novo Nordisk
Other prominent vendors included in this report are Abbott Laboratories, Amgen, ANI Pharmaceuticals, Bayer, Eli Lilly, Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical, Ipsen, Merck, Mylan Laboratories, Orion, QuatRx Pharmaceuticals, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, and TherapeuticsMD.
Key questions answered in the report include
• What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
• What are the key factors driving the global hormone replacement therapy market?
• What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global hormone replacement therapy market?
• What are the challenges to market growth?
• Who are the key vendors in the global hormone replacement therapy market?
• What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global hormone replacement therapy market?
• What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, EMEA, and APAC?
• What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global hormone replacement therapy market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
• Human Growth Hormone Market in the US 2015-2019
• Global Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Devices Market: Industry Analysis 2015-2019
• Global Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) Devices Market 2015-2019
• Global Human Growth Hormone Market 2015-2019
• Global Heart Valve Repair and Replacement Market 2014-2018