Israel Chemicals Ltd. (ICL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Israel Chemicals Ltd. (ICL) is a fertilizer and specialty chemicals company. It manufactures specialty mineral based products for use in agriculture, food and engineered materials. The company’s product portfolio includes bromine, potash, phosphoric acid, phosphate, specialty fertilizers and flame retardants. It produces and markets bromine and phosphorus compounds for the automotive, construction, electronics, and oil and gas industries. ICL conducts other activities that include manufacturing of magnesium and provision of water desalination solutions. The company’s mining and manufacturing activities are concentrated in Israel, Europe, the Americas and China. It operates through a broad logistics and distribution network across the world. ICL is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Israel Chemicals Ltd. Key Recent Developments
Jul 09,2017: Israel's IDE To Build Desalination Plant In Taiwan For Formosa
Feb 15,2017: ICL Reports Q4 2016 Results
Dec 08,2016: ICL Announced Withdrawal Of Appeal Over Tax Assessment
Nov 23,2016: ICL Reports Q3 2016 Results
Sep 11,2016: ICL Appoints Asher Grinbaum As Interim CEO
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Key Facts 5
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Key Employees 6
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies 7
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Major Products and Services 8
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - History 10
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Company Statement 14
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Joint Venture 17
Section 2 – Company Analysis 18
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Business Description 18
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Corporate Strategy 20
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Strengths 21
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Weaknesses 22
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Opportunities 23
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Threats 24
Israel Chemicals Ltd. - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 32
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Recent Deals Summary 33
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 34
Feb 15, 2017: ICL Reports Q4 2016 Results 34
Dec 08, 2016: ICL Announced Withdrawal Of Appeal Over Tax Assessment 41
Nov 23, 2016: ICL Reports Q3 2016 Results 42
Sep 11, 2016: ICL Appoints Asher Grinbaum As Interim CEO 48
Sep 08, 2016: ICL Announces CEO Resignation 49
Aug 10, 2016: ICL Reports Q2 2016 Results 50
Jun 07, 2016: ICL IP Producing Its FR-122P Sustainable Polymeric Flame Retardant At Full Capacity In The Netherlands And Israel 56
May 18, 2016: ICL Reports Q1 2016 Results 57
Apr 20, 2016: ICL: Appointment Of Chairman Of The Board Of Directors 63
Apr 11, 2016: ICL Announces Retirement Of Mr. Asher Grinbaum, Executive Vice President And Chief Operating Officer 64
Section 5 – Appendix 65
Ratio Definitions 65
About GlobalData 69
Contact Us 69
List of Tables
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Key Facts 5
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Key Employees 6
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Key Employee Biographies 7
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Major Products and Services 8
Israel Chemicals Ltd., History 10
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Subsidiaries 16
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Joint Venture 17
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Key Competitors 25
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Ratios based on current share price 26
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Annual Ratios 27
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Interim Ratios 31
Israel Chemicals Ltd., Recent Deals Summary 33
Currency Codes 65
Capital Market Ratios 65
Equity Ratios 66
Profitability Ratios 66
Cost Ratios 67
Liquidity Ratios 67
Leverage Ratios 68
Efficiency Ratios 68