Leather goods encompass products such as leather luggage and leather accessories including purses and wallets, handbags, footwear, belts and jackets, which are made of animal skin. A wide range of leather goods are available in the market at varying prices. Presence of numerous regional and global players, makes the market highly competitive. Recent trends in the market reveal that there is a gradual shift in the consumers preference towards innovative leather goods especially with regards to leather accessories. This has created the need for innovation among the key players in the industry.
Increased demand for luxury products paired with enhancement in lifestyle of consumers due to significant increase in disposable income have encouraged consumers to splurge on branded products including leather goods. This has urged the companies operating in the market to introduce unique and stylish leather products as per the consumers demand. Moreover, growth in international and domestic tourism paired with continuous business trips is further fostering the growth of the global leather goods market. However, presence of counterfeit leather products in the market limits the overall revenue for the industry.
The world leather goods market is segmented based on product type, end-users, mode of sale and geography. Based on product type, the report segments the global leather goods market into leather luggage (suitcase, casual and business bags) and leather accessories (purse & wallets and belts, footwear and others). Men and women form the major end user segments for the leather accessories market. Further, based on mode of sale, the report segments the global leather goods market into online and retail sales. Based on geography, the global leather goods market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East and Africa).
Key companies profiled in the report include Prada S.p.A, Samsonite International S.A., Louis Vuitton Malletier, Hermes International SCA, Coach Inc., Kering SA, Delsey S.A, Christian Dior SE, Tumi Holdings, Inc. and VIP Industries.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of world leather goods market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
- Current and future trends are outlined in the report to determine the overall attractiveness and single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market
- The report provides information regarding drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015-2020 are provided to showcase the financial appetency of the market
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of different role performed by stakeholders involved in the value chain
LEATHER GOODS MARKET SEGMENTATION
The market is segmented on the basis of product type, end-users (leather accessories) and geography.
MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE
- Leather Luggage
- Casual bags
- Business bags
- Leather Accessories
- Purse & wallets and belts
MARKET BY END USER
MARKET BY MODE OF SALE
- Online stores
- Retail stores
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Prada S.p.A
- Samsonite International S.A.
- Louis Vuitton Malletier
- Hermes International SCA
- Coach Inc.
- Kering SA
- Christian Dior SE
- Delsey S.A
- Tumi Holdings, Inc.
- VIP Industries Ltd.