This report provides a concise overview of the Male Toiletries market in Germany. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading companies within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Male Toiletries sector in Germany.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of four Male Toiletries categories: Aftershaves & Colognes, Disposable Razors & Blades, Post-Shave Cosmetics, and Pre-Shave Cosmetics
Market shares are provided for the leading brands across the Aftershaves & Colognes, Disposable Razors & Blades, Post-Shave Cosmetics, and Pre-Shave Cosmetics categories.
An overview of 20 trends in German Male Toiletries sector is provided, including primary 20 material and type, 20 closures, and outer 20.
Key future trends are highlighted and analyzed in order to identify opportunities and threats in the Male Toiletries sector.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of German Male Toiletries sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The volume of Male Toiletries used in Germany will steadily increase during 2012-2017 at a CAGR slightly higher than that registered during 2007-2012. However, the market has experienced volatile growth in US$ terms, due to fluctuating exchange rates which has added complexity to the market for international companies operating in the German Male Toiletries market.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
With more than 52% of the population above 40 years of age as of 2012, the population mix in Germany has been skewed towards the aging population aided by rising life expectancy and the lower birth rate in the country. Therefore, with the country’s population looking to age further, the future target for retailers should be the richer, aging “gray” consumer rather than the cash-strapped young consumers. Demand for Male Toiletries products are influenced by new gender behavior along with a desire for better value for money from their purchases. German consumers’ Male Toiletries needs are also driven by their level of indulgence together with the desire for tailored products.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the German Male Toiletries sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across four Male Toiletries categories and their 20.
Reasons To Buy
Table Of Contents
- German Male Toiletries market provides significant opportunities to marketers despite rising consumer prices, fluctuating GDP, and low birth rates
- Health and Beauty distribution marked by the presence of specialist retailers besides other prominent channels
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets dominate the distribution of Male Toiletries along with other Health & Beauty products
- Male Toiletries consumption in Germany is led by Older and financially Better Off men
- Older Consumers are the heaviest consumers of Male Toiletries products in Germany
- Male Toiletries consumption in Germany is primarily driven by new gender behaviors exhibited by men
- Demand for Male Toiletries products is driven by new gender behaviors along with a desire for better value for money
- German consumers’ Male Toiletries needs are driven by a desire for indulgence, as well as personally tailored products
- Aftershaves & Colognes continues to lead Germany’s Male Toiletries market in terms of growth
- Disposable Razors & Blades and Aftershaves & Colognes will gain marginal market share between 2007-2017
- German Male Toiletries sector will register a steady increase in volume and value growth despite volatile exchange rates
- Aftershaves & Colognes and Post-shave Cosmetics to witness increased sales and steady growth over 2012–2017
- Pre-Shave Cosmetics and Disposable Razors & Blades continue to be high-value categories in the German Male Toiletries market
Brands & Private Labels
- Gillette leads brand share in the Aftershaves & Colognes and Disposable Razors &Blades categories
- Nivea and Gillette lead brand share in the Post-shave and Pre-shave Cosmetics categories
- Disposable Razors & Blades have the highest Private Label penetration in the German Male Toiletries market
- Increasing Private Label sales of Aftershaves & Colognes contributed to the highest category value growth during 2009-2012
- Rigid Plastic and Flexible Packaging Blister Packs are preferred packs for Disposable Razors & Blades
- Growth in demand of Glass Bottle Packaging along with Screw Top closures and Box outers will be driven by increased usage of Aftershaves & Colognes
Future Outlook– four key trends in Germany’s Male Toiletries sector
- German Male Toiletries sector to witness growth in quality Private Label, multi-benefit products, and anti-aging formulations in anti-aging and natural products
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures