This report provides a concise overview of the Skincare market in Russia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading companies within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Skincare sector in Russia.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of five Skincare categories: Body Care, Depilatories, Facial Care, Hand Care, and Make-up Remover.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands across the Body Care, Depilatories, Facial Care, Hand Care, and Make-up Remover categories.
An overview of 20 trends in the Russian Skincare sector is provided, including primary 20 material and type, 20 closures, and outer 20.
Key future trends are highlighted and analyzed in order to identify opportunities and threats in the Skincare sector.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Russian Skincare sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The Russian Skincare market will record positive, albeit slowing, growth during 2013-2018 in volume and local currency terms. The economic downturn has negatively impacted the mass Skincare segment, though premiumization is on a rise.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Russia is one of the fastest growing economies in Europe, with a stable macroeconomic situation. A growing middle class, with rising disposable income, is creating opportunities for premium 6 Products.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Russian Skincare sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across five Skincare categories and their 20.
Table Of Contents
- Rising income among a growing middle class is fuelling growth in consumer markets
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, and Health & Beauty Stores dominate retail sales in Russia
- Health & Beauty stores are the most prominent distribution channel of Skincare products in Russia
- Women are the primary Skincare product consumers closely followed by Men
- Opportunities exist in anti-aging category as Mid-Lifers have the highest consumption frequency in the Russian Skincare market
- There is high demand for Skincare products that meet age-specific needs
- Age-specific demands and evolving gender needs are driving consumption choice
- Consumers are looking for a balance between price and quality, as well as beauty efficacy from products where science meets nature
- Growth is slowing in the Russian Skincare market as the population declines
- Body Care category to record higher value growth compared to Facial Care over the period 2013-2018
- Though a low value category, Hand Care is expected to record the highest growth during the period 2008-2018
- Depilatories category to record marginal growth during 2013-2018
- Hand Care is the fastest growing category in Russia’s Skincare sector
- Hand Care and Body Care will increase their value share in the Skincare sector
Brands & Private Labels
- Russian consumers continue to buy branded Skincare products due to limited confidence in the quality of Private Label
- Private Label offers high growth opportunities in Depilatories and Hand Care
- Cherniy Zhemzhug, Veet and Chistaya Liniya are key brands in the Russian Skincare market
- Barhatnie Ruchki and L’Oréal lead brand share in Hand Care and Make-Up Remover
- Rigid Plastics will continue to be the preferred packaging material for Skincare products due to the offered convenience
- Rising consumption of Skincare products will increase packaging demand by 2018
Future Outlook– Four key trends in Russia Skincare sector
- Selection of product ingredients, increased premiumization, and preference for small sized packs are key trends in Russia’s Skincare sector
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures