Michigan Consolidated Gas Company (MCGC) is a natural gas distributor, based in the US. The company purchase, stores, transmits, gathers, distributes, and sells the natural gas in Michigan. It provides gas delivery services to producers, brokers, and other gas companies that own the natural gas, who utilize the company’s gathering and high-pressure transmission system to transport the gas to storage fields, processing plants, pipeline interconnections, or other locations. The company also offers gas storage, appliance maintenance, facility development, and other energy-related services. Its distribution system includes approximately 19,000 miles of distribution mains, 1,175,000 service pipelines, and 1,309,000 active meters. The company also owns approximately 2,100 miles of transmission pipelines that deliver natural gas to the distribution districts and interconnect its storage fields with the sources of supply and the market areas, as well as owns 67 miles of transportation and gathering pipelines in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan. It serves approximately 1.2 million residential, commercial, and industrial customers. The company was founded in 1898 and is a subsidiary of DTE Energy Company. MCGC is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, the US.
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company Key Recent Developments
Apr 17, 2012: MPSC Authorizes Refund Of $56.3m To Detroit Edison, Michigan Consolidated Gas, And Consumers Energy Ratepayers
Jan 26, 2012: MPSC Directs Utilities To Refund Funds Remaining In Low-Income And Energy Efficiency Fund
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Michigan Consolidated Gas Company provides you with an in-depth strategic analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile will give you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
This company report forms part of the 'Profile on Demand' Service, covering over 50,000 of the world's leading companies. Once purchased, We will comprehensively research and author a full strategic analysis of Michigan Consolidated Gas Company and deliver this direct to you in pdf format within two business days (excluding weekends).
The profile contains critical company information including*,
- Business description – A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Key Information
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Overview
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Key Employees
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Key Employee Biographies
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Key Operational Heads
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Major Products and Services
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - History
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Company Statement
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Business Description
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Corporate Strategy
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Strengths
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Weaknesses
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Opportunities
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Threats
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Appendix
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, Key Information
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, Major Products and Services
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, History
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, Key Employees
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, Key Employee Biographies
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, Key Operational Heads
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, Other Locations
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, Subsidiaries
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, Key Competitors
Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, SWOT Analysis
List Of Figures