Mobile content is an electronic multimedia that is used on mobile phones such as GPS navigation, movies, games, discount offers, graphics and ringtones. This multimedia has various applications that enhance the user’s QoE (Quality of experience). This technology offers an advanced network that helps consumers to overcome various problems such as RTT (round trip time) and latency. This advanced network also improves the performance, availability and scalability of the mobile devices.
The factors that are driving the growth of the Mobile content market are the rapid rise in the disposable income and increasing advancement in the features of the mobile devices. Increased bandwidth and rising innovative products in the market are also contributing to the growth of the market. However, the growth of the mobile internet market is driven by the smart devices. In addition, there are lot of challenges in the marketing and distribution of the products of the mobile content market. These factors are hampering the growth of the market. Rapid growth of the social networking in Mobile content market and increasing substitute products in the Mobile Devices market are expected to create lot of opportunities for the enlargement of the Mobile content market.
Mobile Content by Types Market Analysis
Mobile Content Types Market is segmented into video, gaming, music & image, software updates and other contents (Cellsodes and Mobishows). Gaming segment is the largest revenue generating segment due to various categories of the mobile games that include Sports/Racing, Trivia/Word, Card/Casino, Action/Adventure, Retro/Arcade, and Puzzle/Strategy. These applications are used by the majority of the end users in the market. More than half the share of the mobile game market is generated by the female wireless subscribers.
Mobile Content by Geography Market Analysis
Mobile Content geography market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and RoW. North America, followed by Asia Pacific, is the largest revenue generating segment due to the availability of funds and lower cost of consumer equipment.
The key strategies adopted by the companies to expand in the Mobile content market are product expansion, mergers & acquisitions and agreements & collaborations. These strategies would provide efficient products and yield strong performing products and thus, exhibit better customer satisfaction. Top market players include Cerion, Inc., Chirp, Inc., Ericsson, Huawei, Mobidia, Skyfire, Inc., Yottaa, Inc., Viasat, Inc., and Qualcomm.
High Level Analysis
Report presents detailed analysis of Mobile content market using Porter’s five forces model. Degree of bargaining power of consumers is expected to be high due to competition among industry leaders for innovative products. Degree of bargaining power of suppliers is expected to be moderate, due to good number of vendors present in the market. Threat of new entrants is high, as the business needs moderately high capital investment.
- The study helps to analyze the Mobile content market trends to provide in-depth knowledge of the market segment and thus, helps the market players to build up viable strategies
- To study the various factors that are enhancing and restraining the development of the market that would help the stakeholders in understanding the market in detail
- Study of SWOT and analysis of the captivating strategies adopted by the players in the market are conducted, which would help in assisting the stakeholders to take actionable decisions
- Analysis of the current market scenario, forecasts of the future transition trends and projected revenue of the market through 2013-2020 are expounded in the report; thus, help stakeholders analyze the market
- To find out the recent trends of the Mobile content market and opportunity that would unlock doors for the investors to contribute in the market, which in turn would facilitate in the extension of the market
Mobile content Market is segmented on the basis of content types and geography.
MARKET BY CONTENT TYPES
- Music & Image
- Software Updates
- Other Contents (Cellsodes and Mobishows)
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia Pacific