Progress Energy Canada Ltd. (Progress Energy), formerly known as Progress Energy Resources Corp., is a mid-sized natural gas producer. It operates as a subsidiary of Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS). The company operates in the areas of exploration, acquisition, development and production of natural gas. Progress Energy holds interest in properties in the Deep Basin region of northwest Alberta and Foothills region of northeast British Columbia. Within these areas, the company focuses on two main play types, namely, tight gas and Montney shales/silts. Progress Energy is headquartered in Calgary, Canada.
In February 2014, the company entered into an agreement to sell its 25 percent stake to an Indian company and an Asian gas buyer, from Petronas.
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. Key Recent Developments
Apr 29, 2014: Petronas Secures Fourth LNG Buyer For Its Canadian LNG Project
Mar 07, 2014: Progress Energy Canada and Pacific NorthWest LNG welcome third partner to British Columbia LNG export project
Mar 07, 2014: IndianOil signs transaction agreement with PCC BV
Dec 10, 2012: Petronas And Progress Energy Welcome Favorable Canada Ruling
Dec 04, 2012: Petronas And Progress Energy Announce Next Phase Of LNG Export Project
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Progress Energy Canada Ltd. provides you with an in-depth strategic analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile will give you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
This company report forms part of the 'Profile on Demand' Service, covering over 50,000 of the world's leading companies. Once purchased, We will comprehensively research and author a full strategic analysis of Progress Energy Canada Ltd. and deliver this direct to you in pdf format within two business days (excluding weekends).
The profile contains critical company information including*,
- Business description – A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Key Information
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Overview
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Key Employees
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Key Operational Heads
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Major Products and Services
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - History
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Company Statement
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Business Description
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Corporate Strategy
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Strengths
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Weaknesses
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Opportunities
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Threats
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Appendix
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Progress Energy Canada Ltd., Key Information
Progress Energy Canada Ltd., Major Products and Services
Progress Energy Canada Ltd., History
Progress Energy Canada Ltd., Key Employees
Progress Energy Canada Ltd., Key Employee Biographies
Progress Energy Canada Ltd., Key Operational Heads
Progress Energy Canada Ltd., Other Locations
Progress Energy Canada Ltd., Subsidiaries
Progress Energy Canada Ltd., Key Competitors
Progress Energy Canada Ltd., SWOT Analysis
List Of Figures