The haircare market value in Spain is expected to increase only 6.5% over the period 2016-19, while Europe overall has forecast growth of 7.5% for the same time period. This shows different approaches need to be used by cosmetic companies in order to find some differentiation and success in this highly competitive environment. Companies are thus motivated to adopt new strategies, and the use of nature-inspired formulations, plant-derived ingredients, and natural beauty oils is one way to stand out on the shelf, as seen in many shampoo launches in the last year.
- This onion shampoo, based on a traditional natural remedy (the use of onion juice to strengthen hair and prevent hair loss), capitalizes on the rising popularity of natural remedies and alternative therapies in the country to appeal to Spanish shoppers and convince them of its effectiveness and expected results. Belief in the idea the product works as promised, which also implies higher quality, is also supported by its professional image, as the shampoo is only distributed through medical retailers (including pharmacies and herbalist shops).
- The product based its promotion on online marketing strategies and online PR activities involving social media and beauty bloggers. These proved very successful tools to influence consumers final purchasing decisions.
Success Case Study: Nuggela and Sulé is part of Canadeans Successes and Failures research and explores the reasons for the success of this product in Spain.
- WHAT? Understand the characteristics of Nuggela and Sulé shampoo.
- WHY? Discover how Nuggela and Sulé succeed with its interesting cosmeceutical approach.
- TAKE-OUT: Learn from this intelligent strategy, seeking further opportunities in the haircare segment.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of Contents
List Of Tables
List Of Figures