Brand guardians can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success or failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This case study explores how Magnum achieved great success in the promotion of its Pink andamp; Black line extension in Turkey through an innovative mobile- and social-media-focused engagement with consumers.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why is Magnum Pink andamp; Black in Turkey considered an interesting case of success?
- What consumer insight underpins the ongoing success of Magnum Pink andamp; Black?
- Which consumer trends has Magnum Pink andamp; Black in Turkey capitalized on?
- What can I learn from Magnum's successful approach to mobile marketing in an emerging market?
The spread of mobile phone and Internet usage in emerging markets is reshaping assumptions over the approach to consumer engagement and advertising. Western brand owners need to account for the non-traditional impact that this is having on getting consumers' attention; personal media is replacing TV as the principal channel.
Magnum Pink andamp; Black has been positioned as a luxury item rather than an ice cream. Such efforts, when pursued successfully, allow a product to become a lifestyle brand, transcending their category. They are no longer "just a …", but something that speaks to the consumer about how they view/value themselves and to others via image projection.