Need for speedy diagnostics and increasing number of surgical operations along improvements in healthcare facilities are the factors boosting the growth of the market furthermore, increased adoption of MIS in healthcare sector is expected to foster the growth of the market. High cost of high-end surgical microscopes coupled with implementation of high excise tax by the U.S. government along with heavy custom duties levied are the factors that may hinder the growth of the market. Emerging markets such as India, China, Brazil, and the Middle East is expected to create abundant growth opportunities in the market. High degree of technical expertise to handle surgical/operating microscopes is a key market challenge.
This market is segmented based on application, end-users and geography. On the basis of application, the market is further segmented into dentistry, ENT, gynaecology & urology, neurosurgery & spine surgery, oncology, opthalmology, plastic and reconstructive surgery, spine surgery and documentation. Based on end-user, the market is segmented into hospitals, out-patient facilities and others. Geographically, this market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key market players operating in this market are ACCU-Scope, Alcon Laboratories Inc., Alltion (Wuzhou) Co., Ltd., ARRI Medical, BMS Medical, Carl Zeiss, HAAG-Streit Surgical, Leica Microsystems, Takagi and Topcon Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends, key market challenges and emerging avenues for the growth of this market across the globe.
- The report offers latest technological innovations and the recent R&D developments.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report offers detailed segmentation and analyzes the key segments in terms of market size by value and volume and country-level analysis to provide an in-depth understanding of the market.
- Porters Five Forces analysis is offered in the report along with highlighting bargaining power of buyers and suppliers.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Application
- Neuro & Spine Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Gynaecology and Urology
- By End User
- By Region
- North America
- Key Company Profiles
- Alcon Laboratories Inc.
- Alltion (Wuzhou) Co., Ltd.
- ARRI Medical
- BMS Medical
- Carl Zeiss
- HAAG-Streit Surgical
- Leica Microsystems
- Topcon Corporation