Tobacco Insights 2015 - April is a new report that is the result of ERCs extensive market research covering the global tobacco market. It provides an analysis of changing production and consumption patterns and the recent developments impacting the tobacco market. It provides a regional analysis of cigarette consumption including import and export share by region.
- Habanos cigar sales have outperformed the market in Benelux. Despite a 1.5% drop in turnover in 2014, market share rose to almost 15%. In the Netherlands, sales value was up by 10%, while volume rose by 6%. It holds about 70% of the longfillers sector.
- For the full 2014 fiscal year ending the 31st of March 2015, cigarette sales in Japan fell to their lowest level since statistics were first compiled in 1990. According to Tobacco Institute of Japan data, sales fell 9% between 2013 and 2014. The fall is in part attributed to a long term decline in smoking rates, exacerbated by a consumption tax increase in April 2014.
- Philip Morris (Pakistan) has submitted its legal viewpoint on the proposed increase in the size of graphic health warnings on cigarette packs from the current 40% to 85% as from the 30th of March 2015. The company believes the measure may result in unemployment, and lead to a loss in government revenue and an influx of smuggled cigarette packs.
- Tobacco Insights 2015 - April report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption insight on the Tobacco industry across the globe.
- This report is the result of ERCs extensive market research covering Tobacco across globe. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Tobacco industry in order to offer data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Tobacco industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Tobacco industry and for new companies considering entry into Tobacco industry.
- This report provides data and recent activities of the manufacturers operating in the Tobacco industry in the key markets.
Reasons To Buy
- Tobacco companies require a detailed understanding of Tobacco consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Tobacco industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Tobacco industry across globe, providing marketers with essential data and insight in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents
A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
Cigarette Consumption and Production
Philip Morris International
Alliance One International
JT International Ukraine
Philip Morris International
STOCK MARKET PERFORMANCE
DEMOGRAPHIC and ECONOMIC DATA
List Of Tables
List Of Figures