- In Australia tobacco products became 6% more expensive on average during the 12 months to December 2015, according to monitoring by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- In August 2015 it was reported that from the autumn of 2016 products with graphic health warnings covering 65% of the pack would be appearing in shops throughout Croatia. Additionally cigarettes and tobacco will not be allowed to contain added flavors, while the regulations related to e-cigarettes will be tightened.
- In February 2016, production of cigarettes in Canada increased by 2.4% over the figure recorded in February 2015. Compared with the previous month's figure, output levels were down by 2.7%.
- In October 2015 there were reports that from May 2016, tobacco products in Hungary will only be available in one type of black packet void of brand logos, with the product brand and all other type printed in a unified font, pursuant to the EU's TPD.
“Tobacco Insights”, is a monthly report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed information on the changing production and consumption patterns affected by the recent developments related to new law and regulation globally.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the industry in order to offer data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Tobacco industry.
- Recent activities of the manufacturers operating in the industry.
- Detailed company profiles, highlighting key focus product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the brands.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
Table Of Contents
1 A Global Perspective
1.1 Cigarette Consumption and Production
1.1.1 Cigarette Consumption Trends, 2004-2014
1.1.2 Cigarette Production Trends, 2003-2013
1.1.3 Regional Cigarette Consumption, 2013
1.1.4 Regional Cigarette Production, 2013
1.1.5 Per Capita Consumption of Cigarettes by Country, 2004-2014
2 Global News
2.1 Global News
2.1.8 Czech Republic
2.1.25 New Zealand
2.1.28 Saudi Arabia
2.1.30 South Korea
2.1.31 Sri Lanka
2.1.34 United Kingdom
2.1.35 United States
3 The TPD - Part Two - The Response
3.7 Czech Republic
3.25 United Kingdom
4 Company News
4.1 British American Tobacco
4.3 Ceylon Tobacco Company
4.5 Japan Tobacco
4.7 Philip Morris International
4.9 Vector Group
4.1 Viet Nam Tobacco Corporation
5 Global Population Trends
6.1 About Canadean
List Of Tables
Table 1: Global Cigarette Consumption, pieces (million), 2004-2014
Table 2: Global Cigarette Production, pieces (million), 2003-2013
Table 3: Regional Cigarette Consumption, 2013
Table 4: Regional Cigarette Production, 2013
Table 5: Per Capita Consumption of Cigarettes by Country, pieces, 2004-2014
Table 6: Canada: Monthly Cigarette Production and Sales, 2010-2016
Table 7: France: Monthly Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2010-2016
Table 8: Japan: JT Monthly Cigarette Sales, Fiscal 2013-2016
Table 9: Spain: Monthly Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2010-2016
Table 10: Spain: Monthly Brand Shares, January 2015 and 2016
Table 11: UK: Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2010-2016
Table 12: USA: Monthly Tobacco Consumption and Output Trends, 2014 and 2015
Table 13: Global Population Trends, 2000-2014
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Imports as % of Consumption, 2013
Figure 2: Exports as % of Production, 2013