This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Malaysian Dairy Food sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Dairy Food categories and their packaging.
The per capita consumption of Dairy Food products in Malaysia is low when compared to other Asian countries, providing significant growth opportunities across all Dairy Food categories. An increase in working hours and busy life styles have led consumers to look out for convenient and ready to consume Dairy products; however, taste is the key to success of any Dairy Food product in Malaysia. Milk is the most valuable category, while Yogurt will record the fastest growth during 2013–2018.
• Milk is the most valuable category while Yogurt will record the fastest growth during 2013–2018, driven by flavoured Yogurt drinks.
• Age specific needs and indulgence are the key trends that are driving the growth of Dairy Food products in Malaysia.
• The food retail market in Malaysia is fragmented with a large presence of traditional grocery stores. Convenience Stores are the leading distributors of food products in Malaysia.
• Brands drive the growth of Dairy Food products in Malaysia. Leading brands in each category hold the majority of sales, resulting in a concentration of the market among the major players.
• Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material for Dairy food products in Malaysia.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Malaysian Dairy sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
• Macro economic analysis
• Overview —consumption habits
• Overall value —volume analysis
• Value —volume analysis by categories
• Market share analysis
• Key trends
• Leading retailers
• Key distribution formats by categories
• Key packaging material and type
• Top packaging closures and outers
Leading players with market share
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures