This report provides a concise overview of the Haircare market in France. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading companies within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Haircare sector in France.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of five Haircare categories: Conditioner, Hair Colorants, Perms & Relaxers, Shampoo, and Styling Agents.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands across the Conditioner, Hair Colorants, Perms & Relaxers, Shampoo, and Styling Agents categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the French Haircare sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key future trends are highlighted and analyzed in order to identify opportunities and threats in the Haircare sector.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the French Haircare sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The volume of Haircare products used in France will marginally increase during 2012–2017. However, the market registered negative growth during 2009 due to the economic recession.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
France has a growing mid-life population base that use Hair Colorants to cover their grey. Their growing aspiration to look young and beautiful will drive demand for Haircare products in the country. Moreover, Consumers are now increasingly looking for quality and value for money products for use at home rather than making expensive visits to salons.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the French Haircare sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across five Haircare categories and their packaging.
Reasons To Buy
The consumption of Haircare products in France is at par among male and female categories and it is largely dominated by people in the old age category, who demand Haircare products with age defying properties. Additionally, there has been an increase in demand for natural and organic products.
Consumers have become more selective and exigent while choosing their Haircare products. They are purchasing those products that give them an additional value at the same cost.
Hypermarket & Supermarket chains such as Carrefour dominate the distribution of Haircare products in France. There is an increase in sales of Haircare products through Drug Stores & Pharmacies.
French consumers are brand loyal and do not switch to private label products easily, despite continuing economic hardship. The penetration of private label in the coming years is likely to remain limited due to quality perceptions of the French customers.
The Shampoo category is expected to witness the highest growth rate between 2012 and 2017. One of the reasons for this is the introduction of natural shampoos.
- Declining population and stagnant economy show limited growth in the Haircare sector in France
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets dominate the sale of Haircare products in France
- New distribution channels for Health & Beauty products such as Drug store & Pharmacies are gaining popularity in France
- Older consumers have higher share of Haircare product consumption in France
- Heavy consumption is most common among Pre-Mid-Lifers with greater demand for products for covering gray
- Better value for money, Individualism and Beauty are the most important motivating factors for Haircare products
- Products that cater to the individual Haircare needs at a better cost are driving sales in France
- Though Beauty is an important motivating factor to purchase Haircare products French do not compromise on Health
- The growth in the Haircare market in France will remain stagnant in local currency terms
- Limited growth opportunities in the saturated French Haircare products market
- Shampoo will register a higher growth than Hair Colorants during 2012-2017
- Conditioner will continue to be the most popular Haircare category during 2012-2017
- Perms and Relaxers to witness increase in sales during 2012-2017
- Shampoo and Styling agents will loose its market share to Conditioner and Perms and Relaxers
Brands & Private Labels
- Perms & Relaxers and Styling Agents have the highest penetration of Private Label products
- Private Label growth in France Haircare sector is declining despite continuing economic hardship
- L'Oreal dominates the sale of Conditioners in France
- Head & Shoulders by P&G is the top selling shampoo brand in France
- Bold colors and convenient closures are being used to differentiate Haircare products in France
- Increasing consumer concerns over environmental issues are bringing changes in the packaging of Haircare products
Future Outlook– Key trends in the France Haircare sector
- Haircare market in France is seeing an increase in demand for natural, organic and environmental friendly products
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures