UniFirst Corporation (UNF) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
UniFirst Corporation (UniFirst) is a provider of workplace uniforms, protective work wear clothing and non-garment products. It designs, manufactures, personalizes, rents, cleans and delivers workplace uniforms and protective wear such as shirts, pants, coveralls, aprons and specialized protective wear. The company also offers non-garment products such as industrial wiping products, dry and wet mops, and related services. Its customers include automobile service centers and dealers, food and general merchandise retailers, light manufacturers, maintenance facilities, restaurants, transportation companies, government agencies, high technology companies, nuclear power generators and R&D laboratories. The company and its subsidiaries operate in the US, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Mexico, Nicaragua, the Netherlands and the UK. UniFirst is headquartered in Wilmington, Massachusetts, the US.
UniFirst Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jun 29, 2016: UniFirst Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of Fiscal 2016
Mar 30, 2016: UnifFirst Announces Financial Results for the Second Quarter of Fiscal 2016
Jan 06, 2016: UniFirst Announces Financial Results for the First Quarter of Fiscal 2016
Oct 21, 2015: UniFirst Announces Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year of Fiscal 2015
Jul 01, 2015: UniFirst Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of Fiscal 2015
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
UniFirst Corporation - Key Facts 6
UniFirst Corporation - Key Employees 7
UniFirst Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
UniFirst Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
UniFirst Corporation - History 10
UniFirst Corporation - Company Statement 13
UniFirst Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 – Company Analysis 18
UniFirst Corporation - Business Description 18
UniFirst Corporation - SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis - Overview 19
UniFirst Corporation - Strengths 19
Strength - Business Performance: Core Laundry Operations 19
Strength - In-house Manufacturing Capabilities 19
Strength - Working Capital Surplus 19
UniFirst Corporation - Weaknesses 20
Weakness - Business Performance: Specialty Garments and Cleaning 20
UniFirst Corporation - Opportunities 21
Opportunity - Strategic Partnership 21
Opportunity - Growth Initiatives 21
Opportunity - Customer Focus 21
UniFirst Corporation - Threats 22
Threat - Decline in Oil Prices 22
Threat - Competition 22
Threat - Compliance with Environmental Regulations 22
UniFirst Corporation - Key Competitors 23
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 29
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 30
Jun 29, 2016: UniFirst Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of Fiscal 2016 30
Mar 30, 2016: UnifFirst Announces Financial Results for the Second Quarter of Fiscal 2016 31
Jan 06, 2016: UniFirst Announces Financial Results for the First Quarter of Fiscal 2016 32
Oct 21, 2015: UniFirst Announces Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year of Fiscal 2015 33
Jul 01, 2015: UniFirst Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of Fiscal 2015 34
Apr 01, 2015: UniFirst Announces Financial Results for the Second Quarter and First Half of Fiscal 2015 35
Section 5 – Appendix 36
Ratio Definitions 36
About GlobalData 40
Contact Us 40
List Of Tables
List of Tables
UniFirst Corporation, Key Facts 6
UniFirst Corporation, Key Employees 7
UniFirst Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
UniFirst Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
UniFirst Corporation, History 10
UniFirst Corporation, Other Locations 15
UniFirst Corporation, Subsidiaries 16
UniFirst Corporation, Key Competitors 23
UniFirst Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 24
UniFirst Corporation, Annual Ratios 25
UniFirst Corporation, Interim Ratios 28
Currency Codes 36
Capital Market Ratios 36
Equity Ratios 37
Profitability Ratios 37
Cost Ratios 38
Liquidity Ratios 38
Leverage Ratios 39
Efficiency Ratios 39
Lisst Of Figures
List of Figures
UniFirst Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 27
UniFirst Corporation, Ratio Charts 29