“Cigarettes in Africa” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Africa Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- In Ghana, From 107 pieces in 1990, consumption levels fell to 76 pieces in 2002. During 2003 and 2004 consumption grew again but then fell again to stand at 50 pieces in 2013.
- In Kenya, in 2013, the market weakened a little due to the impact of price rises, with domestic volumes reported to have fallen by 3.6% to around 6.43 billion pieces, which represents a 4% rise against 1990 levels, but an 11.1% increase since 2005.
- There are currently around 6,000 retailers selling cigarettes in Mauritius. These, in turn, are served by seven distributors, six located in Mauritius and one on the island of Rodrigues.
- “Cigarettes in Africa” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Africa.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Africa. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Africa.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Africa along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Africa, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
World Cigarettes 2 2014 - Volume 4 - Africa
Manufacturers and Brands
Taxation and Retail Prices
The Smoking Population
Production and Trade
Prospects and Forecasts
*The Above TOC would be repeted for all the indiviudal markets based upon Availability (Angola, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Libya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Senegal, Sudan and South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe)