Image sensor is a device used to convert the optical image projected by lens into an electrical signal, and is commonly used in imaging devices such as digital cameras & varied camera modules. Motion sensors have witnessed high demand in Asia-Pacific (APAC) region owing to transition of technology from analog to digital in various devices using sensors.
CMOS (metaloxidesemiconductor) has emerged as the latest technology for the design of advanced image sensors as this can capture the images digitally more effectively, thus driving the growth of the market. The growth of the image sensor market in Asia Pacific region is driven by various applications in making consumer electronics coupled with the growing preference of high resolution camera enabled mobile phones. Furthermore, making low cost image sensors using CMOS technology with lower power consumption has largely replaced CCD. The declining demand of still cameras and high cost associated with the maintenance of image sensors are the key restraining factors.
The Asia-Pacific image sensor market is highly competitive characterized by innovative high-end product developments along with new mergers & acquisitions taking place. These are the prominent strategies adopted by key market players to consolidate their market presence. Key market players profiled in the report include Sony, Samsung Electronics, Omnivision Technologies, Aptina Imaging Corporation and Toshiba Corporation, among others.
The report segments the Asia Pacific image sensors market on the basis of technology, application and geography. On the basis of technology the report segments the market into CMOS image sensor, contact image sensors and CCD image sensors. The report further segments the CMOS image sensor into FSI and BFSI technology. Image sensor market has also been segmented on the basis of spectrum into visible spectrum & invisible spectrum, on the basis of array type into linear array and area array, and on the basis of scanning methods into progressive method and interlace method.
On the basis of applications, the market is segmented into consumer electronics, defense & aerospace, medical, industrial, automotive and surveillance. On the basis of geographical regions, the report segments the Asia-Pacific image sensor market into China, Japan, India, Taiwan and South Korea.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report offers a comprehensive analysis of key driving factors and restraints along with the impact analysis of these factors on the growth prospects of the Asia-Pacific image sensor market. The report offers actionable information on the current market situation, expected future growth trends and key business intelligence parameters.
- The report offers an insight into the market expansion to untapped geographies.
- Value chain analysis offers insights about the role of all major stakeholders in the market and their SWOT analysis helps in branding & effective market strategies formulation.
- The report offers the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020 that helps in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive landscape scenario in terms of changing market dynamics giving a snapshot of market strategies adopted by key industry players to consolidate their market presence.
- Region-wise and country-wise market status in terms of key development parameters are comprehensively analyzed in the report.
ASIA-PACIFIC IMAGE SENSOR MARKET SEGMENT
Market By Technology
- CMOS Image Sensor
- Contact Image Sensors
- CCD Image Sensors
Market By Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Defense& Aerospace
Market By Geography
- South Korea