Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type (e.g. apple, pear, flavored). Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data and new products are identified. All supported by market commentary.
This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Belgium cider market.
This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles
This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non- refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
Why was the report written?
The 2012 Belgium Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the Belgium cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The category remains heavily under pressure with a drop being recorded in 2011. The variety of products in the cider market has increased over the last 30 years or so. Aromatic ciders were introduced in the eighties and the market received further benefit in the nineties with the introduction of alcohol free options. However, the heydays have passed.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Most of the decline came as a result of delistings in the hard discounter segment of the market. Cider faces increasing competition from sparkling wines. Even champagne is now an affordable alternative: a 75cl bottle of champagne can currently be purchased through mainstream retail for less than €10. Cider is increasingly seen as an old-fashioned drink and declining annual consumption has become the norm.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Belgium Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.
Reasons To Buy
Cider faces increasing competition from sparkling wines. Even champagne is now an affordable alternative: a 75cl bottle of champagne can currently be purchased through mainstream retail for less than €10.
Most of the category’s 2011 decline came as a result of delistings in the hard discounter segment of the market.
Cider is increasingly seen as an old-fashioned drink and declining annual consumption has become the norm.
The summer months are important as consumers find cider to offer suitable refreshment.
Cider is most popular in the south of Belgium where proximity to France has influenced the local tastes of consumers.
Table Of Contents
Section 1 Market Update
• Market Size
• Market Value
• Distribution 2011
• Current and Emerging Trends
• Imports and Exports
• Top 10 Cider Brands – Volume, 2009-2011
• Top 10 International Premium and Super premium Cider Brands – Volume, 2009-2011
• Brand Analysis
• Private Label/Private Label Producers
• New Products Activity
Section 2 Brewer Profiles
• CARLSBERG IMPORTERS SA
• Carlsberg Group Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• NV KONINGS
• Konings Belgium Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• STASSEN SA
• Stassen SA Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
Beer and Cider Attributes Definitions
List Of Tables
LEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLES
• Table 1.2.1 – Taxation Base
• Table 1.2.3 – Legal Controls on Cider
• Table 1.3.1 – Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2010-2012
• Table 1.3.2 – Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2010-2012
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Liters, 2001-2012F
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2001-2012F
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Liters, 2001-2012F
• Alcoholic Beverage Consumption - Liters of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012F
• Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2001-2012F
• Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012F.
• Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Type, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012F
• Cider All Trademarks, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Type, 2007-2011
• Cider Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2011
• Cider Private Label Brands, 2007-2011
• Cider Trademark Owners, 2007-2011
• Cider Local Operators, 2007-2011
• Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011
• Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refill ability/Type/Pack/Size, 2008-2012F
• Cider Distribution: On vs. Off Premise, 2008-2012F
List Of Figures
• Market Structure
• Cider Producers/Importers
• Chart – Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011
• Packaging Trends
• Chart – Distribution by Channel, 2011
• Chart – Consumption by Price Segment, 2011
• Market Valuation & Pricing
• Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
• Distribution Trends