Cigarettes in Iran is a new report by ERC that focuses on the changing smoking habits, competitive environment, economic developments and analyzes the implications that market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Anti-smoking restrictions are likely to have only a limited impact on cigarette sales with demand stimulated by growing multinational involvement, the increased availability of foreign brands as well as a shift away from the water pipe where restrictions on its use are set to tighten. Market volumes (duty paid) are forecast to grow by 7.6% between 2013 and 2023. Legitimate per capita consumption is set to be down 3.5% over the same period.
- Volumes are reported to have recovered in 2008, a 29.0% increase over the previous years low, with a further 19.9% following in 2009. Output fell back by 16.9% in 2010. However, it increased 19.1% in 2011 before falling again by 37.9% in 2012. A 14.9% increase in 2013 led to output which is 54.3% up on 1990 levels.
- Current forecasts put growth at 2.2% in 2015 and nearer 2.5% in 2016 with growth likely to strengthen once sanctions are lifted. Inflation, which was 30.0% in early 2013, is expected to slow a little but is projected to still average 20.0% in 2015, keeping consumers under pressure.
This qualitative report provides extensive and highly detailed overall and per capita consumption data on the Iranian market.
It also includes:
- Consumption data, trends and market dynamics based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers operating in the market.
- Market size, regulations, retail pricing, smoking population, production, trade and forecast data for 2015 to 2019.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities in the market, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Contents
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers and Brands
5. Taxation and Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects and Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About ERC - a division of Canadean
List Of Tables
List Of Figures