The UK cigar market is sizeable in Western European terms, although the overall market has contracted considerably over the review period and there is no evidence that this trend is coming to a halt. Falling levels of consumption can be attributed to price increases, a poor economic situation and a downturn in consumer spend, alongside a continuing impact from the ban on smoking in public places introduced in 2007.
- The UK cigar market is generally divided into three sectors: miniatures, small cigars, and large cigars. Until 2008 small cigars had remained the largest segment of the UK cigar market, but at this point miniature cigars took over as the largest segment, their convenience, relative pricing and higher distribution profile through the multiple sector being the main factors behind their growing popularity.
- UK production is largely geared towards meeting domestic demand, although some output is for export markets. Overall production of cigars and cigarillos has fallen.
In volume terms, Netherlands is the outright leading importer of Cigar and Cigarillos. Countries such as Spain, Germany and the US import far less, in volume terms.
“Cigars and Cigarillos in the UK”, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the UK market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific dynamics of the UK market is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Contents
- Executive summary
- Tobacco products market, tonnes, %, 2004 and 2014
- Tobacco products market, tonnes, 2004-2014
Market size and structure
- Cigars and Cigarillos Consumption, Pieces, 2004-2015
- Per Capita Consumption, Pieces Per Year, 2004-2015
- Retail Sales of Cigars and Cigarillos, 1999-2011
- Cigars and Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, 2010-2015
- Miniatures, Total and Per Capita Consumption, 2004-2015
- Small Cigars, Total and Per Capita Consumption, 2004-2015
- Large Cigars, Total and Per Capita Consumption, 2004-2015
- Tobacco Products: Retail Sales by Sector, 2008-2010
Production and trade
- Production of Cigars and Cigarillos, pieces, 2004-2010
- Imports of Cigars and Cigarillos, Volume, Tonnes, 2004-2014
- Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, Volume, %, 2014
- Imports of Cigars and Cigarillos, Volume, Tonnes, 2007-2014
- Imports of Cigars and Cigarillos, Value, € 000, 2007-2014
- Exports, of Cigars and Cigarillos, Volume, Tonnes, 2004-2014
- Exports by Country of Destination, Top Countries, Volume, %, 2014
- Exports of cigars and cigarillos, Volume, tonnes, 2007-2014
Production and trade (cont)
- Exports of cigars and cigarillos, Value, € 000, 2007-2014
Taxation and retail price
- Excise Duty on Cigars and Cigarillos, 2005-2015
- Cigars: Tax Structure, 1994-2011
- EU: Cigars and Cigarillos, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
- Tax Revenue from Cigars, 2007-2013
- Retail Price List, Selected Brands, 2015
Manufacturers and brands
- Cigars and Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares, Volume, %, 2010-2014
- Cigars: Manufacturer Shares by Sector, Volume, %, 2005-2015
- Cigars and Cigarillos: Leading Brand Family Shares, Volume, %, 2000-2015
- Cigars and Cigarillos: Leading Brand Family Shares by Value, £ million 2009-2013
- Miniatures: Manufacturer and Brand Family Shares, Volume, %, 2000-2014
- Small Cigars: Manufacturer and Brand Family Shares, Volume, %, 2000-2014
- Large Cigars: Brand Family Shares, Volume, %, 2000-2014
- Company profiles
The smoking population
- Adult Smoking Prevalence by Gender, %, 2004-2014
- Cigar Smoking Population, 2004-2013
- Cigar Smoking Prevalence, adult, %, 2001-2006
- Cigar Smokers by Region, 2007 and 2008
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Labelling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Distribution of Cigars and Cigarillos by Outlet, Volume, %, 2008 and 2009
- Retail Distribution of Cigars and Cigarillos by Size, Volume, %, 2008 and 2009
- Retail Sales by Outlet, Value, %, 2012 and 2013
Prospects and forecasts
- Cigars and Cigarillos Consumption, Million Pieces, 2014-2024
- Per Capita Consumption, Pieces Per Year, 2014-2024
- Additional data tables
- Summary methodology
- About Canadean
List Of Tables
List Of Figures