Despite difficult market conditions, there have been high levels of innovation in the chocolate category, which has evolved in line with consumers' complex and dynamic needs. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the chocolate category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Each section is introduced with a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the chocolate category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors that drive consumers' chocolate preferences.
- Draw inspiration from numerous case studies and product examples throughout the brief that showcase best-in-class innovations in chocolate.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to the category? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in the chocolate category and what does it look like?
- Is sustainable packaging a "nice to have" or a "must have" in the chocolate space?
- What are the opportunities and challenges in the functional chocolate space?
- To what extent are industries using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
The category continues to struggle to counter ingrained negative consumer perceptions relating to sensory attributes. Nevertheless, the industry is being proactive, with ready meal brands investing in various packaging innovations to retain and enhance flavor quality and added appeal of freshness.
Opportunities exist for ready meals to tap into the "high protein" trend and cater to consumer demand for products that aid weight management.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel