As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet them. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the haircare category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Each section contains a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the haircare category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of haircare products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in haircare products from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to haircare? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in haircare and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for haircare manufacturers?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
The fastest-growing segment within haircare is anti-dandruff, anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% over the 2012-17 period, which can be attributed to strong existing interest in emerging economies regarding dandruff and scalp treatments.
This segment is also being driven by innovation in developed markets, pointing to new consumer interest in scalp care by Western consumers.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel