This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of Australia's Ice Cream market. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Ice Cream categories and their packaging.
- Australia's growing GDP and ageing population is creating new dynamics in the Consumer Packaged Goods market.
- On-trade consumption accounted higher share in value terms than off-trade consumption in the Ice Cream market in 2014.
- The Take-home and Bulk Ice Cream category accounted for highest off-trade and on-trade consumption.
- On-trade is the leading distribution channel in the Australian Ice Cream market in 2014.
- Paper and Board is the most used packaging material while Tub is the most commonly used container type in the Australian Ice Cream market.
Australia is one of the leading consumers of Ice Cream's in the World with a high per capita consumption level. The Ice Cream market will register moderate growth at a CAGR of 2.1% in local currency terms during 2014-2019, due to already high market penetration. Indulgence is the key trend driving the growth in this market, and premium products are expected to further grow in popularity with rising disposable incomes and increased consumer interest in gourmet range of products.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the Ice Cream Market in Australia allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into market value and volume, category analysis, brand shares, distribution channel data, and packaging.
Table Of Contents Country Context
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
Brand and Private label Share
Examples of new product development
Appendix List Of Tables NA List Of Figures NA