The Spirits market in China is led by the Specialty Spirits category, while the Tequila and Mezcal category is forecast to register the fastest growth in value and volume terms during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Spirits in the country. LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.A. and Grupo Cuervo are the leading players in the Chinese Spirits market.
- The Specialty Spirits category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2015-2020.
- The Specialty Spirits category is the largest value category in the Hungarian Spirits market.
- On-trade transactions account for the highest distribution share in the Gin and Genver category.
- Grupo Cuervo is the leading brand in the Tequila and Mezcal category.
- Private label products in the Whiskey and Vodka categories registered the fastest growth during 2012-2015.
- Screw Top is the most commonly used closure type in China's Spirits market.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in China provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for eight categories including Brandy, Gin and Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila and Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, and others; container data for: Bottle, and others
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Table Of Contents
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Value and volume analysis for the Chinese Spirits market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on the Chinese Spirits market
- Degree of trade up/down in the Chinese Spirits market
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Chinese Wine and Spirits market
- Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in the Chinese Spirits market
- Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
- Penetration of private label by category in the Chinese Spirits market
- Private label growth (in volume terms) compared to brands
- Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- About Canadean
List Of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in CNY and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to CNY
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litre comparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine and Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 10: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 11: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 12: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 13: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 14:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020