“Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Development in China, 2013–2018” is the result of Conlumino’s extensive market research covering the online retail industry in China. It provides the magnitude, growth, share, and dynamics of the online retail market in China. It is an essential tool for companies active across China’s online retail value chain and for new companies considering entry into online the retail market in China. It provides data for historic and forecast online retail sales, and also includes the business environment and country risk related to China’s online retail environment. In addition, it analyses the key consumer trends influencing the Chinese online retail industry.
By examining best practice from the leading national large-scale online retailers (but specifically excluding the likes of Amazon, whose sites are well-known and vary little by country), as well as reviewing innovative approaches from smaller retailers, the report provides insights and ideas about how best to approach growing online sales for your business.
• Provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online consumer shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories), and reviews of the latest best practice in online retail site design
• Based on the latest data, the report not only provides details of the size and growth of this increasingly important channel, it also provides essential context on the penetration of online sales by product groups, how growth has developed over time, and key factors that will drive this market in the future
• Online retailers will continue to be largely benefitted by growing online sales in the holiday season and online shopping day’s such as Singles’ Day celebrated every year on November 11.
• The channel is forecast to register retail sales of CNY1,809.6 billion in 2018 and increase its contribution to 5% of total Chinese retail sales compared to 1.6% in 2013.
• Social media has a significant impact on the purchasing decision of Chinese consumers, with the majority of consumers consulting social media and customers’ reviews before making a purchasing decision.
• Omni channel retailing is gaining ground among major offline retailers, as big offline retailers in China integrating their offline and online retail strategies
• Sales in the electrical and electronics category are forecast to grow the fastest over the online channel, followed by apparel, accessories, luggage and leather goods
Reasons To Buy
• The report helps to improve market and strategic planning using highly granular, forward-looking market data. Detailed category coverage is provided, covering 26 products, across nine product groups that include: Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods, Book, News and Stationery, Electricals and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health & Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, and Sports and Leisure Equipment
• Understand the consumer behavior and online trends in China
• Understand which products will be the major winners and losers in the online arena in the coming years
• Learn from best practice approaches outlined in the case studies of leading online retailers