Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Brazilian Bakery & Cereals Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product developments that effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Brazilian Bakery & Cereals Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Brazilian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall)
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Brazil and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Bakery & Cereals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
• Examples of international and Brazilian-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• The Better Value for Money mega-trend: Value seeking consumers are the primary driver of the Brazilian Bakery & Cereals market.
• Brazil’s rapidly shifting population profile is leading to demand for products meeting age-specific needs, with Older Consumers and Mid-Lifers preferring whole cereals rather than refined or processed alternatives.
• Brazil’s growing number of working women is driving demand for on-the-go products as snacks and meal replacements.
• With internet penetration rising quickly in Brazil, marketers should have a robust online and social media strategy in place.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Brazilian Bakery & Cereals consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Bakery & Cereals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
• Health and Freshness are the key drivers of Bakery & Cereal consumption in Brazil
• The Bakery & Cereals market is growing rapidly and is forecast to reach BRL111.5 mn in 2018
• The Bread & Rolls category leads the Brazilian Bakery & Cereals market in volume consumption terms
• There were 105.5 billion Bakery & Cereals occasions in Brazil in 2012, with the highest occasions witnessed amongst Older Consumers
• High value growth of the Bakery & Cereals in Brazil is driven by rising consumption volumes
• Brazil has the second highest volume consumption of Bakery & Cereals globally
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
• Men marginally over-consume Bakery & Cereal products than Females in Brazil
• Older Consumers over-consume Bakery & Cereal products in Brazil
• Men and women exhibit similar Bakery & Cereals consumption frequency patterns
• Brazilians are ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Bakery & Cereal products
Consumer trend analysis
• Search for better value for money influence product choices in Bakery & Cereals market in Brazil
• Comparing consumer trends influence on consumption of Bakery & Cereal products across major markets
• The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Brazilian consumers seek Bakery & Cereals products to meet the dietary and nutritional needs of families
• The Connectivity mega-trend: Consumption of Bakery & Cereals is heavily influenced by Social Media in Brazil
• The Convenience mega-trend: The Busy Lives of consumers is an important motivation while choosing on-the-go bakery products
• The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical & Environmental issues alone cannot motivate consumers in choosing Bakery & Cereal products
• The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Premiumization and product innovation and will continue to drive consumption of Bakery & Cereals
• The Health & Wellness mega-trend : Media coverage around healthy eating is driving some consumers to seek healthier Bakery & Cereals products
• The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers will seek a range of choices to reflect their taste preferences
• The Trust mega-trend: Brazilian consumers have moderate concerns over product Safety and Trust associated with Bakery & Cereals products
• The Value mega-trend: Better Value for Money is the leading trend influencing Bakery & Cereals consumption in Brazil
• Manufacturers are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Brazilian consumers
• Manufacturers are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning, and packaging
• Manufacturers, marketers and retailers should develop products to appeal to Brazil’s value seeking consumers
• Manufacturers, marketers and retailers need to highlight Experience & Enjoyment and address increasing ethical concerns
• An explanation of the sub-trends
• Detailed methodology
• About Canadean
List Of Tables
List Of Figures