Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Indian Bakery & Cereals Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Indian Bakery & Cereals Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Indian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for India and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Bakery & Cereals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Indian-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Age-specific products are a growing phenomenon in the Indian Bakery & Cereals market that support health concerns of different age groups
• Hectic lives leading to time-scarcity will continue to influence the Bakery & Cereal Food consumption in India
• Consumption of Bakery & Cereal products among Indians is driven by pursuit of pleasure and moments of relaxation
• Bakery & Cereal products which offer better value for money will continue to be popular among Indian consumers.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Indian Bakery & Cereals consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the SECTOR sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
Freshness, safety and wide product choices are the key drivers of Bakery & Cereal consumption
Indian Bakery & Cereals market currently valued at INR293.5 billion is expected to witness high growth in the next five years
The Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) category accounts for the highest volume share in Indian Bakery & Cereals market
There were 30.2 billion Bakery & Cereals occasions in India with majority of consumption driven by young population
The Indian Bakery & Cereals market is smallest in terms of value and volume globally
Indian Bakery & Cereals market is one of the fastest growing markets globally
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Males and Females follow similar consumption habits of Bakery & Cereal products in India
Older consumers are primarily under-consuming Breakfast & Cereal products while Tweens & Early teens continue to over-consume
Indian Males are ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Bakery & Cereal products
Working population follow ‘heavy frequency’ consumption of Bakery & Cereals products in India
Consumer trend analysis
Changing Age Structures and desire to consume products to enjoy Personal Space & Time are leading motivation in Indian Bakery & Cereals market
Comparing consumer trends influence on consumption of Bakery & Cereal products across major markets
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Indian consumers seek Bakery products to meet their age and lifestage needs
The Connectivity mega-trend; Indian consumers are moderately influenced by the Media in their Bakery & Cereals consumption
The Convenience mega-trend: Busy lifestyles are driving the consumption of on-the-go Bakery & Cereal products
The Ethics mega-trend: Environmental and ethical concerns have little influence on Bakery & Cereals consumption in India
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Consumption of Bakery & Cereals products is driven by desire to seek enjoyable overall experiences
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: The influence of Health in Bakery & Cereals will increase as obesity levels rise
The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers seek products offering moments of personal space, escapism and relaxation
The Trust mega-trend: The Trust mega-trend has little influence on consumption of Bakery & Cereal products in India
The Value mega-trend: Consumers seek better value in Bakery & Cereals by opting for private label products
Manufacturers of Bakery & Cereals are innovating across categories to target growing needs of the Indian consumers
Global innovations on formulation and positioning can be a source of inspiration for Indian manufacturers
Manufacturers are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning, and packaging
Marketers should focus on providing premium products, while differentiating between regional and rural needs
Manufacturers should innovate with products that appeal to larger households and younger consumers
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures