Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Italian Bakery & Cereals Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product developments that effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Italian Bakery & Cereals Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Italian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Italy and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Bakery & Cereals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Italy-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Italy has the highest per capita consumption of Bakery & Cereals globally
• Older Consumers as a demographic have the highest number of Bakery & Cereals occasions per year
• A desire for value for money is the primary driver of the Bakery & Cereals market
• Busy lifestyles will drive demand for products that are convenient for on-the-go consumption, fuelled by a rise in snacking culture.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Italian Bakery & Cereals consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Bakery & Cereals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
A desire for convenient, fresh snacks is driving Bakery & Cereal consumption in Italy
Italy’s Bakery & Cereals market, currently valued at EUR 22.0 billion, will witness higher growth over 2013-2018
Bread & Rolls category constitute 60% of the total volume consumption of Bakery & Cereals in Italy
There were 59.8 billion Bakery & Cereals occasions in Italy in 2012, with the highest occasions witnessed amongst Older Consumers
Value growth of Bakery & Cereals in Italy is driven by rise in volume consumption growth
Italy has the highest per capita volume consumption of Bakery & Cereals globally
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Women marginally under-consume Bakery & Cereal products
Older Consumers under-consume Bakery & Cereal products in Italy
There is a similar consumption frequency pattern among males and females in Italy
There is heavy consumption frequency of Bakery & Cereal products across all age groups in Italy
Consumer trend analysis
Search for better value remains the top motivation in choosing Bakery & Cereal products in Italy
Comparing consumer trends influence on consumption of Bakery & Cereal products across major markets
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Age-related needs are a key consumption motivator in Energy Bars and Cereals
The Connectivity mega-trend: Consumers are motivated to seek products that they feel a cultural connection to
The Convenience mega-trend: The Busy Lives of consumers will drive the demand for on-the-go consumption
The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical & environmental issues have limited influence on consumption of Bakery & Cereal products in Italy
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Consumers do not wish to trade-off quality and look for authentic products
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Italian consumers are not overly interested in healthier Bakery & Cereals products
The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers rely on Bakery & Cereals for personal moments
The Trust mega-trend: Italian consumers have high confidence in the safety of Bakery & Cereals products
The Value mega-trend: Better Value For Money is the leading motivator in the Italian Bakery & Cereals market
Manufacturers are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Italian consumers
Manufacturers are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning, and packaging
Manufacturers should target growth in cereals, as well as presenting quality value-added products
Marketers should position products around multiple occasions such as at work snacking and treats for social gatherings
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures