Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Spanish Dairy Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Spanish Dairy Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Spanish market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and genders consume Dairy, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Spain and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Dairy consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Spanish-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Age-specific dairy products are a growing phenomenon in the Spanish Dairy market that support health concerns of different age groups
• Hectic lives leading to time-scarcity will continue to influence the Dairy Food consumption in Spain
• Consumption of Dairy products among Spaniards was driven by pursuit of pleasure and Indulgence
• High quality Dairy products that give good health benefits will continue to have an influence on consumption behavior.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Spanish Dairy consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Dairy sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
Age Specific Needs and Indulgence are some of the drivers driving Dairy Food consumption in the US
The Spanish Dairy market has a value of EUR 8.2 billion and is forecast to witness steady growth over the next five years
The Milk category accounts for the largest volume share in the Spanish Dairy market
There were over 34.2 billion Dairy Food occasions in Spain in 2012, with consumption higher among Older Consumers
In volume terms, the Dairy Food market in Spain is one of the smallest across the globe
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Women in Spain consume more Dairy products compared to men
Kids & Babies and Older Consumers over consume Dairy Products in Spain compares to other cohorts
Heavy Frequency consumption of Dairy Food in Spain is marginally higher among women compared to men
Consumers aged between 0-15 years are Heavy Frequency consumers of Dairy Food in Spain
Consumer trend analysis
Age specific requirements and Indulgence are the key motivations for choosing Dairy Food in Spain
Comparing consumers trends influence on consumption of Dairy Product across major markets
Consumption of Dairy Products among Spaniards was driven by pursuit of pleasure and Indulgence
Consumers in Spain will seek out on-the-go Dairy products due to their hectic lifestyles
Age-specific dairy products are a growing phenomenon in the Spanish Dairy market that support health concerns of different age groups
Despite tight consumer spending, Spanish consumers seek Dairy products that meet their individual needs and wants
Spanish consumers put greater importance on product nuances thus creating demand of value for money products
Social networking has little impact on Dairy purchases in Spain
The health and wellness trend in Spain is impacting product choices across Dairy Food categories
Safety of a product and trust are basic needs for Spanish consumers
Spanish consumers are not highly critical of environmental and ethical concerns of the Dairy products
Dairy food manufacturers are innovating in terms of formulation, packaging and positioning in order to boost product appeal
Manufacturers across the globe are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning and packaging
•Manufacturers need to develop products targeting a fragmenting market
•Manufacturers need to provide on-the-go products
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures