Brands can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success and failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This case study outlines why Naked Juice had to remove the claim "all natural" from products and explores the potential implications for the brand and the food and drink industry.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why is Naked Juice considered an interesting case of failure?
- What consumer insight underpins this failure?
- Which consumer trends did this product innovation try to capitalize on?
- What can I learn from the failure of Naked Juice?
Naked Juice used the claim "all natural" on products that included added vitamin boosts from synthetic sources.
In 2013, PepsiCo settled a class action brought against it and removed the claim "all natural" from the Naked Juice range in the US, with potentially damaging implications for the brand as the Fresh andamp; Natural sub-trend grows.