This ForeSights report was compiled according to Canadean's ForeSights methodology, which aims to identify new concepts that could influence consumer trends or have a future commercial application in fast-moving consumer goods.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the fast-moving consumer goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
Reasons To Buy
- What type of consumer is most likely to patronize a cat café?
- How is the cat café concept expanding globally?
- Studies show that pets can provide health benefits that go beyond simple companionship. What types of health benefit can pets provide?
- Single-person households are a growing global trend. How is this trend helping promote the cat café concept?
- Cat cafés originated in Asia. How has the concept evolved there since its creation?
The cat café concept originated in Asia, where consumers living in rental housing in crowded urban areas are often precluded from owning pets. Cat cafés allow consumers to interact with cats without actually owning them. Many cat cafés sell foods or drinks to patrons, while others charge a flat fee to interact with cats for a fixed amount of time.