Global Dental Hand Pieces Market 2015-2019
Covering: This market study from Technavio segments the global dental hand pieces market by product type (air-driven hand pieces, electric hand pieces, and hybrid air-electric hand pieces), by speed of hand piece (low-speed hand piece and high-speed hand piece), and by geography (APAC, EMEA, and the Americas). Key vendors in this market are Dentsply, KaVo Dental, NSK, and Sirona.
Market outlook of the global dental hand pieces market
A dental hand piece is a simple rotary mechanical device that is used for polishing, removal of tooth structures, and shaping of teeth. The market for dental hand pieces is positively influenced by factors like the rise in oral diseases, aging population, and an increase in dental clinics. All these factors combined together account for this market’s
moderate growth rate of more than 4% during the forecast period.
In this market research report, Technavio analysts estimate the Americas to account for the largest market share during the forecast period. High market dominance of this region can be attributed to factors such as the rising aging population and the presence of a sophisticated healthcare infrastructure.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is highly competitive and is expected to grow steadily during the forecast period. Competition in this market is enhanced by the acquisition of smaller companies, which in turn will lead to market consolidation.
Leading vendors in this market are -
• KaVo Dental
Other prominent vendors in this market are Acteon, Being Foshan Medical Equipment, Bien-Air, Dentatus, DentlEZ, Inovadent, Morita, NOUVAG, SciCan, and W&H.
Product-type segmentation of the dental hand pieces market
• Air-driven hand pieces
• Electric hand pieces
• Hybrid air-electric hand pieces
The air-driven hand pieces segment is envisaged to account for approximately 68% of the total market share by 2019 due to its ability to combine the power of an electric hand piece and the characteristics of a high-speed air-driven hand piece.
Segmentation by speed of hand and analysis of the dental hand pieces market
• Low-speed hand piece
• High-speed hand piece
High-speed hand piece is usually air driven and its rotational speed depends on the pressure of the air supply, the size of the turbine, and configuration of the turbine such as an impeller, spindle, and bearings. Advantages of using a high-speed handpiece include better visibility and easier access, especially with children.
Key questions answered in the report include
• What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
• What are the key factors driving the global dental hand pieces market?
• What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global dental hand pieces market?
• What are the challenges to market growth?
• Who are the key vendors in the global dental hand pieces market?
• What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global dental hand pieces market?
• Trending factors influencing the market shares of the EMEA, Americas, and APAC?
• What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global dental hand pieces market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
• Global Electric Toothbrush - Market Study 2015-2019
• Dental Implant Market in Japan 2015-2019