Market outlook for EDA in aerospace and defense sector
The global EDA in the aerospace and defense sector has started to grow at a faster rate due to the rising demand for semiconductor chips. Technavios market research analysts predict steady market growth with a CAGR of around 8% from 2015 to 2019.
CAE emerged as the largest segment in the global EDA market in 2014. It includes ESL, RTL simulation, hardware-assisted verification, analysis tool, synthesis, analog and mixed signal simulator, formal verification, design entry, logic, and formal verification.
ESL tools are expected to grow at a faster rate compared to other segments in CAE. The major reason behind this growth is the system-level approach of the tools that enables users to design, verify, and simulate simultaneously at lower costs and in less time. RTL tools enable end-users to verify logic designs using one or more RTL languages and give an abstract of the complex circuit diagram.
Reduction in design time with EDA
Aerospace and defense manufacturers have increased their adoption of EDA to reduce design time, error and cost. For instance, Bell Helicopter adopted Mentor Graphics Capital product family to streamline the wiring design process for their Bell 525 Relentless program. The company used Capital Suite, which is an advanced electrical system and wire harness design software suite. With the adoption of Capital Suite, the company was able to reduce the time taken in electrical system integration by eliminating prototypes.
The company adopted Mentor capital logic, Capital Integrator, and Autoview software, along with applications of CATIA V6 MCAD integration. With the adoption of this software, the company has improved the relentless electrical system design process of Bell 525.
Geographical segmentation of the global EDA market in aerospace and defense industry
The EMEA accounted for the second largest market with close to 29% of shares in 2014. Germany and France are the leading revenue contributors for the EDA market in the aerospace and defense industry in EMEA.
With several initiatives undertaken by the governments of countries in the APAC to boost their respective aerospace and defense industries, the region is expected to record the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Leading vendors analyzed in this report
• Cadence Design Systems
• Mentor Graphics
Other prominent vendors in this market include Aldec, Agnisys, Ansys, Keysight Technologies, MunEDA, and Zuken.
Key questions answered in the report
• What are the key factors driving the EDA in aerospace and defense sector?
• What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the EDA in aerospace and defense sector?
• What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the EDA in aerospace and defense sector?
• Trending factors influencing the market shares for the EDA in aerospace and defense sector?
• Market shares for APAC, Americas, and EMEA?
• Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the EDA in aerospace and defense sector?
• Growth forecast of the EDA in aerospace and defense sector?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
• Global DM in the Aerospace and Defense Sector: Market Research and Analysis 2015-2019
• Global Commercial Aerospace Coatings Market 2015-2019
• cPDM in the Aerospace and Defense: Global Market Research 2015-2019
• Global FEA Market in the Aerospace and Defense Industry 2015-2019
• CAD Market in Aerospace and Defense in EMEA 2015-2019